Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m current sitting at the 5.5 week mark. I’m at the stage of still hopping for contact very shortly 🤪 or a calm sense of you’ve waited this long, what’s another 3 or 4? Or 6… :)

I don’t think I stand a high chance of a match from cancellation as I don’t think the white interior is overly popular.

I’m current sitting at the 5.5 week mark. I’m at the stage of still hopping for contact very shortly 🤪 or a calm sense of you’ve waited this long, what’s another 3 or 4? Or 6… :)

I don’t think I stand a high chance of a match from cancellation as I don’t think the white interior is overly popular.
Hi rgc1990,
I've ordered exactly the same car and colour as yourself (LR with white/white) on the 19/11. So if you haven't received a cancelled car, I'm not feeling very confident of getting one either :( Hopefully another 6 - 8 weeks...

Regards,
Stephen

Obviously I missed the moment when you abandoned the hope of a Y and pulled the trigger on RWD?

You might be the final Day 1 reserver to pull the trigger 😁

Congrats!
Yes didn't want to share until finance was approved!

I would be close to the final Day 1 reserver ... but this order is actually my 3rd RN number! (Entire timeline chronicled here!)

Wanted to hang out for the Y but didn't know how much longer I'd be waiting... and no guarantee the SR-equivalent edition would even be available at launch. The end of the Corporate Program was my trigger to order.

I will have been driving a 2012 Leaf with 7 bars as my only car for 16 months by the time the 3 gets here, it's fine day to day but really don't think I could have coped much longer! But the wait has been so long that my deposit amount has grown to the point where I can now afford a 3 without having to sell the Leaf. That opens up lots of possibilities including renting it out on Evee. All very open ended at this point!

No idea when I should expect my car to turn up...
- but I got the wall charger today! (v3 is super chunky and has a nice 5.5m lead)

Also very curious about when the towbar becomes available. The Staff at the new Canberra City showroom were only able to say "Soon(TM)"

Model 3 LR
Ext: Silver
Int: Black
OD: 09/12/21
VIN: nil
EDD: nil
Pickup location: Canberra ACT

Now official that Model Y LFP will open for orders on your delivery day. Thanks for bringing that forward
Funnily enough when the time to delivery went from 5-6 weeks to 8-12 weeks that actually gave me a bit more confidence. I'm protected against price rises in that time, if the price drops in that time I'll also benefit, and gives a significant window for Model Y orders to open up!

Reactions: moa999 and Vostok
Just read an article on the evcentral.com.au web site that listed the change in the order fee from $150 to $350 as a $210 price increase. They obviously didn't research things too well. My order has the list price as $200 cheaper than before but the order fee is now up by $200 to $350. The bottom line price, which I've been tracking since the last price change, is still $81,882 before the stamp duty is rebated ($2995). No change just a little more up front probably as a deterrent to those who may order then cancel for no real reason.