Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sold 70k cars in China in Dec, from 29k in Nov, it will have impact on delivery time for righthand drive market ?

Attachments

• 641FF337-15E4-44D0-BBE9-7B743A4153C9.jpeg
    641FF337-15E4-44D0-BBE9-7B743A4153C9.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 53
I think an uptick was always expected as the China subsidy reduces on 31Dec afaik.
Last month of the quarter has always been dedicated to domestic production with very few or zero exports.

What's more impressive is that Shanghai seemingly produced 70k cars in the month - which is a record.
So hopefully means more capacity for exports in January (the first month of the quarter).

The other interesting thing to see will be whether Tesla suffers any materials shortages.
Reportedly Central Government is force closing many dirty industries (steel, aluminium etc) so Beijing can have a blue sky Winter Olympics.

Mine looks like yours but when I check the smartphone app it shows EDD 14-20 weeks." isNotMatchedToRa00Vin = true" for me as well.
Hmm mine hasn't updated... I've heard that with orders outside of cities with delivery centres (i.e. Tas) it's handled differently - as an example, for many the date just never shows up on the account page, and all notifications are via SMS.

was told ordering on time secured the discount.
This. The way it worked for me is that as soon as the car was allocated to me Tesla issued an invoice and the website starts telling you to pay. I waited and paid when Vedaprime told me that it had been booked on a transporter out of Port Kembla. As an aside, if you want to track your car's delivery to level of knowing when the ship is on arrives in Australia, sign up for Vedaprime's service.

Tesla will be doing everything in their power to deliver your car this quarter, they need the sales numbers. In the unlikely event that they miss the delivery this quarter, I can't see them reissuing you an invoice getting you to pay the lost corporate discount.

Reactions: sdca
Hmm mine hasn't updated... I've heard that with orders outside of cities with delivery centres (i.e. Tas) it's handled differently - as an example, for many the date just never shows up on the account page, and all notifications are via SMS.
Hi chuq,

I live about 2 streets away from you and also ordered an sr+. Ordered my on 1.12.2021 and have no updated delivery on my either

Where do you see the EDD on the app. I ordered on 29/11/2021 and I am unable to see it. When I booked, it showed 8-12 weeks
It will appear right below the car in the app, if at all. For 4x weeks mine showed nothing. What it doesn't tell me though, is 14-20 weeks from now, or from when I ordered ? I am 4 x weeks in already.

FYI. Tesla in New Zealand sold 619 Model 3's in December for a total of 3279 for 2021
So I would say that Australia should be about four or five times this number.
Estimated Delivery: 8-12 weeks for RWD and LR
Estimated Delivery: 14-20 weeks for Performance

Last edited: