Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just watched a video of how much more responsive the screen was with the new Ryzen chips. Will I be able to check whether my model 3 SR will have it before I lose the chance to delay purchase? There still seems no reports of any arriving here yet.

I ordered 18/11/21
From the lack of delivery discussion lately I get the impression that no cars have arrived here at all in the last month or so, ie since the realistic prospect of ?Ryzen arose…

From the lack of delivery discussion lately I get the impression that no cars have arrived here at all in the last month or so, ie since the realistic prospect of ?Ryzen arose…
Yeah noone knows until cars start getting built and shipped in this quarter out of Shanghai Gigafactory

In USA built cars looks like 1/6 cars at random are receiving Ryzen vs Atom, at least from the data seen so far. Really hope they don't do that from Shanghai factory i.e a lottery to use up the remaining Atom's but we'll see I guess

When you get your VIN assigned reach out to your SA to confirm. The SA won't have access to the system that contains your car's spec, but they have access to someone within Tesla that can look up the car's details. This will be the only way to confirm, if last quarter is any guide there will be a lot of wild speculation on the internet that only cars with a VIN after xxx or built from x date, most of it will be wrong.

Through my SA in late October 2021 I was able to confirm that my car was coming with the 60kwh batttery, the other Tesla contact ended up calling me back to confirm over the phone the battery.
Thanks. Here's hoping!

Same Here. Phone app is now saying 14-20 weeks again. Interestingly, when I go to my management page for my order I now have, under my order number, a field for VIN which currently lists as N/A. And the EDD is back here as well as 14-20 weeks. Things are continually changing with regard to information displayed.

Screen.jpg

Same Here. Phone app is now saying 14-20 weeks again. Interestingly, when I go to my management page for my order I now have, under my order number, a field for VIN which currently lists as N/A. And the EDD is back here as well as 14-20 weeks. Things are continually changing with regard to information displayed.

Did you install the chrome extension which give you all the information at the bottom of the page?
When I installed that it gave me the VIN N/A under my reference number too.

Did you install the chrome extension which give you all the information at the bottom of the page?
I was just about to login on a computer to see if my page design was similar to this. I haven’t installed the extension though, but it wouldn’t change the Tesla website design though, would it?

Quite possible though there was no mention by @sanchitd5 in his announcement that this was part of the extension. Looking at his screen dumps you can see the VIN field partially scrubbed out.

Update: To confirm it is the extension my view of the same page in MacOS Safari does not have the VIN field so you are correct.

Last edited:
To those that are new to Tesla production schedules, each factory builds cars in quarterly schedules and the first cars built each quarter are those that are to be delivered most distant geographically from the factory, whilst those that are to be delivered locally, i.e. close to Giga Shanghai in this case, are produced near the end of the quarter. Australian market cars are traditionally built quite early in the quarter as there needs to be time to ship the cars to Australia, move them to the different centres then prepare and deliver them. Tesla has done this for some time so they can make and deliver the maximum number of cars in any given quarterly reporting period. Tesla financial reports emphasis delivered cars so you need to make, ship and deliver to be recorded on the current quarter figures.
So it’s likely that most if not all of the Model 3s currently ordered have already been made as the Australian allocation doesn’t take very long to produce, perhaps just a day or so. Tesla also build a few cars to spec and there are inevitably some cancellations which is why there are sometimes inventory cars available but rarely at the beginning or middle of a quarter.
This is also one of the major reasons why Tesla don’t like to report monthly sales like other manufacturers as their monthly sales figures are lumpy due to this production schedule.
My guess is that if you want the fancy new chip in your new Tesla, you will need to delay your order to the batch to be built at the beginning of the second quarter.

My guess is that if you want the fancy new chip in your new Tesla, you will need to delay your order to the batch to be built at the beginning of the second quarter.
Thank you for the information, all makes allot of sense. I would agree, it sounds unlikely that deliveries this quarter will get the new chip. Having said that... you never know, it's possible we will be the first batch of the 2022 Shanghai model 3 cars with it 🤞. Personally I wont be delaying my delivery, keen to get the car as soon as possible and start enjoying it :). Plus there will probably be something else in the pipeline by next quarter as another carrot to wait even longer, like the ventilated seats.

To those that are new to Tesla production schedules, each factory builds cars in quarterly schedules and the first cars built each quarter are those that are to be delivered most distant geographically from the factory, whilst those that are to be delivered locally, i.e. close to Giga Shanghai in this case, are produced near the end of the quarter. Australian market cars are traditionally built quite early in the quarter as there needs to be time to ship the cars to Australia, move them to the different centres then prepare and deliver them. Tesla has done this for some time so they can make and deliver the maximum number of cars in any given quarterly reporting period. Tesla financial reports emphasis delivered cars so you need to make, ship and deliver to be recorded on the current quarter figures.
So it’s likely that most if not all of the Model 3s currently ordered have already been made as the Australian allocation doesn’t take very long to produce, perhaps just a day or so. Tesla also build a few cars to spec and there are inevitably some cancellations which is why there are sometimes inventory cars available but rarely at the beginning or middle of a quarter.
This is also one of the major reasons why Tesla don’t like to report monthly sales like other manufacturers as their monthly sales figures are lumpy due to this production schedule.
thanks for your info, that is very valuable knowledge, I ordered in December, do you think its most likely to have been built already as you've mentioned "most if not all are already built"

Dont we need a VIN to subscribe?

you don’t need a vin, but it will help later on. For those joining so far this so year, the focus has been on educating/coaching on what to look for. The focus for the group now is to study Shanghai factory videos looking for right hand drive exports. This will then move on to vins, build dates, ships, and estimated delivery dates as the quarter progresses.

others in the group are good at analysing rumours vs facts - Particularly on hardware changes.

my advice on whether to subscribe - is only do so now if you want to do a deep dive investigation on when cars in Shnghai are being built. If you are just interested in the ships your car is likely on, wait for a vin and build date.