Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to understand how this works. Exactly the same config, ordered on 13/12 but no VIN or EDD.

Is there any logic to this at all? Maybe it’s based on location?
I think the general sentiment (unfortunately) is that there is ZERO logic. It's frustrating and disappointing because the egalitarian ordering process (i.e. same price, no haggling, no end of month "specials") is the antithesis of the post-sales "waiting" experience...which is a lottery at best.

Reactions: karlos22
I think the general sentiment (unfortunately) is that there is ZERO logic. It's frustrating and disappointing because the egalitarian ordering process (i.e. same price, no haggling, no end of month "specials") is the antithesis of the post-sales "waiting" experience...which is a lottery at best.
This is normal with the vin allocation system. It is so amazing, logic does not work. Order dates mean very little in this process as I say repeatedly at the beginning of every quarter. It just takes an example to prove it.

my message to people with no vins - Hold out for another 3 weeks. If no vin by then reach out to your adviser. Waiting for a Tesla is an emotional rollercoaster, and there are more curves and ups and downs ahead. Delays are ahead for shipping and transporters - As there are every quarter and the estimated delivery dates are untrustworthy and will move a lot.

it is an amazing system. this is why i look at all this closely over last 2 years.
Sigh, yes I went back and read vedaprime's comment. I just need to calm down a bit as this process is just too stressful for me 😂

• Funny
Reactions: MOD3LSyd
Similar order date, 1 of the P's has a date, 2 of them don't. Also before cutoff, wouldn't bother trusting anything it says at this point. We've also been told most likely April not march for ours.
Similar order date, 1 of the P's has a date, 2 of them don't. Also before cutoff, wouldn't bother trusting anything it says at this point. We've also been told most likely April not march for ours.
I ordered my M3P on 25/11, delivery was advertised at 8-12 weeks at the time. I've never had a EDD in my account, but a couple of weeks ago my SA said that he was advised there was a delay on the Ps and to expect an April delivery.

1643627715298.png

Is there any logic to this at all? Maybe it’s based on location?
Location does matter. Eg. They need to assign Western Australia-bound cars earlier, so that there's time to get them delivered before the all-important end of quarter.

I can well imagine that Sydney cars are allocated before Canberra ones just because there's more of them, so deliveries need to start earlier.

Reactions: karlos22
Hi All,
I’ve ordered Model 3 Standard Range on 22/11 and I have my VIN on the source code. Brisbane pick up.

Do you know if the car comes with AMD Ryzen chip or Intel chip?

My estimated delivery is 9 - 23 February. Thank you
Same here but earlier order date, I ordered on 16/11 SR, VIN, invoice already, Brisbane pick, but my estimated delivery is between 20 Feb to 6 March, lol, how come I am some days later than you while I have an earlier order date