Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This article mentioned the Morning Crystal arrived in PK yesterday, has 1200-1400 M3's onboard, trucks were being spotted carrying M3's to delivery centres. People with late Feb EDD should start getting delivery SMS'es in the coming days. My SA had confirmed that, once the cars arrived in delivery centres, SMS'es will be sent. I have sent my first $5 test payment today 😃

lol .. I did the same today. Transferred $10 in the afternoon and by 8PM, it was reflecting in my tesla account. So all set for big transfer as soon as SMS comes.!

Morning Crystal arrived in PK yesterday, has 1200-1400 M3's onboard
Based on this number, there will be a total of 4000 M3's offloaded in PK in Q1 via 3 ships (Midas/Crystal/Clara), assume 1000 for NZ, which leaves roughly 3000 for AU Q1 deliveries. Comparing with 12,000 total M3 delivered here last year, looks like AU M3 allocation from Shanghai Giga remains unchanged in 2022, but M3 demand could have been doubled/tripled as indicated by the 5-7 months waiting time. This Monday, the total pending orders without VIN might have exceed 3000 (Q2's total allocation), which had triggered the EDD updated on the web site.

did you try clicking on the invoive link given in the email?
I would definitely avoid something like that unless you're 100% sure you can pick a URL in a scam email... actually even if you are 100% sure. Not worth the risk.

Reactions: alex_au
USB-C ports don't carry data (front or back) in my 2022 M3 if it hadn't already been said.
No 😭 That means the only port that carries data is the USB-A in the glovebox which is already used for Sentry mode hard drive. I was aware the two USB C ports on the rear don't have data, but the two USB C ports under the wireless chargers I was going to use to connect game controllers. Unless Tesla add bluetooth controller support. Doing some research people in the US are getting cars delivered without even the physical USB C port so we are lucky lol

Has anyone in Perth had an SMS for pickup yet? Delivery window is 18th Feb - 4th March. Being so remote I'm guessing the ship hasn't arrived yet?
I’ve got the same EDD and have not got an SMS yet. No idea how long it takes to ship them from the East coast, or how long it takes to get them from the docks to the delivery centre. Fingers crossed it won’t take too long.

Hey Kev,

how does the reduced acceleration feel? I am interested in your opinion.

Kev got a LR, it does not have reduced acceleration from previous models, that's only the RWD.

However see this post for 2022 RWD first test:

Wow crazy 5-7 months now. I placed my order early Dec for the RWD model and kept refreshing the 'existing inventory' until I eventually found my exact specification a week later. As an added bonus, it happened to be a unicorn model too! I'm already used to the 5.6s acceleration and if I had to choose based on existing models, definitely would be going for the LR.

We all know that once people get their cars, they go to Tesla heaven and don't look back upon the EV starved masses, but please someone report back from the promised land (Feb 2022 delivery):
  • Build quality/panel gaps
  • wh/km @ highway speed
  • Road-noise/internal fit
  • Acceleration to 100km (RWD)
  • Double glazed side rear windows
  • Data (or charge only) from USB-C centre consoles
  • Ryzen (mind-bending) touch screen speed
  • General feelings or surprises (good or bad)
  • Fake-Russian-Tesla-Cybertruck-1.jpeg

No 😭 That means the only port that carries data is the USB-A in the glovebox which is already used for Sentry mode hard drive. I was aware the two USB C ports on the rear don't have data, but the two USB C ports under the wireless chargers I was going to use to connect game controllers. Unless Tesla add bluetooth controller support. Doing some research people in the US are getting cars delivered without even the physical USB C port so we are lucky lol
This is now confirmed for all cars moving forwards apparently. They are working on Bluetooth too. Source below:

did you try clicking on the invoive link given in the email?
There's no link in the email. The email says to manage it in the tesla account, nothing more. I have emailed my SA. I'll wait for him to come back.

I would definitely avoid something like that unless you're 100% sure you can pick a URL in a scam email... actually even if you are 100% sure. Not worth the risk.
Thanks for the warning. It is really easy to slip up in the excitement haha. The email is from `@tesla.com` and there is no link to open the invoice. Also, the Account number to transfer money should be the same as the RN number (already saved the details in my bank account and tested out a $1 transfer so I am safe).