Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just confirming what others are saying.

My SA called today and informed me that the LRs are in high demand and they are adjusting the estimated delivery dates.

M3 LR
Exterior: White
Interior: White
OD: 08/12
EDD: end March / beginning April
Vin: nope
Invoice: nada
Build date: zilch
Delivery: Brisbane/Hendra
Hi Luddo, I ordered a Bris W/B LR the day before you. Did they actually say EDD is possible in April? It really doesn't fit in the Tesla production cycle where things happen in quarter where they produce then ship in month 1 (April), and ship/deliver in months 2 and 3 (may/june)... When I spoke to my SA yesterday I really got the message that I shouldn't be getting my hopes up for anything before mid-late May...

Hi Luddo, I ordered a Bris W/B LR the day before you. Did they actually say EDD is possible in April? It really doesn't fit in the Tesla production cycle where things happen in quarter where they produce then ship in month 1 (April), and ship/deliver in months 2 and 3 (may/june)... When I spoke to my SA yesterday I really got the message that I shouldn't be getting my hopes up for anything before mid-late May...
Sorry you are correct. Just checked my notes and April/ May is the ETA I was given too. Maybe I was trying to be a little optimistic.

Hi everyone

a new member of the waiting room here. For those interested my order is as follows:

Model: Performance, white with black interior
Ordered: 03/12/21
VIn: None
Expected delivery: 8 - 12 weeks from order (February I guess)
SA: Silent
Frustration: High

Hi everyone

a new member of the waiting room here. For those interested my order is as follows:

Model: Performance, white with black interior
Ordered: 03/12/21
VIn: None
Expected delivery: 8 - 12 weeks from order (February I guess)
SA: Silent
Frustration: High
It's highly likely your order will be delayed to Q2 since you haven't been assigned a VIN and a delivery window by now, like many of the LR and P orders. Production cycle in Q2 will mean earliest delivery will likely be mid-May, similar to mid-Feb deliveries we are seeing now for Q1 built cars from Shanghai.

Hi all, have been lurking for a while, first post. Ordered a white/black RWD on 15 January. EDD was 14-20 weeks when ordering, nothing initially in the app/website, and then got 14-20 weeks. If Tesla won't deliver in April, not sure how they get a 14 week estimate. I'm secretly hoping I somehow get bumped up to late March rather than having to wait until mid-May.

Also, I've never spoken to an SA. I ordered online and no one has ever contacted me. Seems that Tesla is a bit inconsistent here.

Hi all, have been lurking for a while, first post. Ordered a white/black RWD on 15 January. EDD was 14-20 weeks when ordering, nothing initially in the app/website, and then got 14-20 weeks. If Tesla won't deliver in April, not sure how they get a 14 week estimate. I'm secretly hoping I somehow get bumped up to late March rather than having to wait until mid-May.

Also, I've never spoken to an SA. I ordered online and no one has ever contacted me. Seems that Tesla is a bit inconsistent here.
I'm like you, ordered same car but a couple of weeks later on 31/1 after my test drive through a SA at Chatswood. Hoping for March/April but expecting May/June. SA has been helpful taking me through the process but no need to contact him as still waiting, waiting, waiting ...... Already bought most of accessories too on Ebay, seeing a lot come from China and take weeks to arrive anyway.

I even went to test drive the Polestar 2 but didn't like it.

LR W/B, 7/12, Qld. I was told there are many customers affected (hundreds). From what I can gather it seems to me mostly LR/Ps.
I was pretty certain I was going to be bumped (QLD, LR 16/12 order) which is why I jumped on an iX3 when the local dealer had a couple in stock.

Suspect I’ll still order a model 3 in a year or so but glad I jumped now. Hopefully your wait isn’t too long.