Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2022-02-20 220731.png

Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic
19’’ Sport Wheels
Ordered: 24/11/2021
Delivery on 28/02/2022

I have little evidence but it feels like there was an issue with the LR production line and caused a lot less LRs to be produced. I'm pretty convinced they'll increase the LR amount for Q2 to clear their backlog (well the 2021 part of the backlog, who know how much more pressure they'll get )
tbh, I reckon it's just them trying to meet the increased demand of RWD M3 by making as many RWD M3's as they can to increase the efficiency of their production line. As in, allocating much less cycles for LWD and PERF models. Maybe it's like they went to 90:5:5 instead of 60:25:15 before. (just guessing ofc)

tbh, I reckon it's just them trying to meet the increased demand of RWD M3 by making as many RWD M3's as they can to increase the efficiency of their production line. As in, allocating much less cycles for LWD and PERF models. Maybe it's like they went to 90:5:5 instead of 60:25:15 before. (just guessing ofc)
This is very possible but there is some evidence of something going wrong. If its running normally why would their be country wide sale assistant meetings to discuss the LR delays. its possible there was a battery issue since the new RWD use lithium iron and the LR still use the older batteries. IDK the vibe feels like a issue with production, not just oops we didnt make enough.

would like to think you haven't come to a waiting room having ordered a car solely intending to flip it for profit
I am surprised if Tesla allows you to transfer your order to someone - with these waiting times they definitely do not want scalpers to to bloat the demand and, as a consequence, blow up estimated waiting time even more.

And if it's not about transfer by Tesla, but just selling car right after purchase, those 2k would not even cover stamp duty (but I can be wrong here, not sure about different states).

Reactions: karlos22
Got delivery text yesterday afternoon for pickup from Alexandria. Previous status for reference:
M3 RWD Red/Black
OD: 30/11/21
Build Date: 10/01/22
VIN Allocated: ~21/01/22
Final Invoice: Dated 26/01/22, posted 27/01/22
Current EDD: 19/02 - 05/03
Awaiting SMS to arrange delivery date.
Delivery options were Fri 25/02, Sat 26/02, or Mon 28/02. Obviously chose to go with Friday :)

I am surprised if Tesla allows you to transfer your order to someone - with these waiting times they definitely do not want scalpers to to bloat the demand and, as a consequence, blow up estimated waiting time even more.

And if it's not about transfer by Tesla, but just selling car right after purchase, those 2k would not even cover stamp duty (but I can be wrong here, not sure about different states).
as per Tesla order agreement -

1645401282441.png

Model 3 Performance
EXT: white
INT: white
OD: 15/11/2021
VIN: ?allocated mid January, invoice says build date 09/01/2022
EDD: 24/02 - 10/03, SA says likely will be March

Based on Lint above, my order looks about 5 days behind that so I should expect a text this Friday? Fingers crossed, can't wait!

Last edited:
I have a model 3 long range, white ext, black interior, Sydney delivery in March 9 - March 23. Looking for 2k to me + full price of car paid to Tesla.
why not just cancel the order if you dont want the car
would like to think you haven't come to a waiting room having ordered a car solely intending to flip it for profit

I guess there is nothing stopping them selling the car privately the day after purchase. The stamp duty will be a significant cost to the purchaser, and I agree it's not palatable posting a clear profit margin on a waiting room forum, and as noted is in breach of the order agreement.

This said, I say this openly noting that I am a Dec 2021 order bumped long range customer, of this exact spec, and have been extremely disappointed/inconvenienced that the LR fiasco has happened this quarter.

I want to get my LR as much as everyone else here wants their Tesla, but there is no way I'm going to pay a scalp-tax to get one like this.

Not only is this post arguably a breach of the customer's order, but is this a breach of TMC rules too? Moderator?

Hi Lint, what was the estimated delivery time on the Tesla website when you purchased? Was it 8-12 weeks?
Thanks
I believe it was, but don't remember exactly. SA said at time of order to expect to wait 3 months - mid Feb to early Mar delivery so I'd been going mostly off that until I got VIN assigned and a date range in the app.

The date range was initially something like 26/02-11/03 after VIN was assigned, but was later revised to 18/02-05/03. Sorry I can't be more helpful with the the original estimate.

Last edited: