Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it was, but don't remember exactly. SA said at time of order to expect to wait 3 months - mid Feb to early Mar delivery so I'd been going mostly off that until I got VIN assigned and a date range in the app.

The date range was initially something like 26/02-11/03 after VIN was assigned, but was later revised to 18/02-05/03. Sorry I can't be more helpful with the the original estimate.
No worries, thanks!

Hi, new and future RWD owners, There is a misconception that your Tesla LFP battery should not be charged to 100%. But all the Tesla RWDs should charge to 100%, all the time.
What? Not sure what you are saying. Anyway LFP battery found in the late 2021 SR+ and 2022 RWD are fine for 100% charge

Reactions: daFutureIsNow
Not ALL the time. At least once per week (ref: owners manual).
The wording in the manual suggests to get it to 100% 'at least once per week', so I read that getting it to 100% anytime is ok.

Taken from the manual that I listed earlier:
"If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week."

Lets not confuse everyone.

One thing I never really found out is..
Does the RWD come with rear heated seats as standard?
or can they be activated through additional app purchase?
On my wife's SR+ 2021 the heated rear seats are not standard but can be activated from the app for $500. It's called the "Cold Weather Feature" and includes the heated steering wheel.
It's a weird Tesla thing how the hardware is already there but you have to pay for the software activation.
I'm not sure if the 2022 RWD's have it activated already?

Last edited:
On my wife's SR+ 2021 the heated rear seats are not standard but can be activated from the app for $500. It's called the "Cold Weather Feature" and includes the heated steering wheel.
It's weird Tesla thing how the hardware is already there but you have to pay for the software activation.
I'm not sure if the 2022 RWD's have it activated already?
It's standard in all the models now. No need to buy anymore.

Does anyone know how many Model 3 are going to be delivered to Australia this quarter (including Morning Clara)? is it more than in previous period or pretty much the same?
I don't think we'll know until the end, but the speculation I've heard is that New Zealand has some subsidies/incentives ending soon and they are focusing on getting a backlog of orders to them before the expiry - so as a result, some Aus orders may be pushed back.

I don't think we'll know until the end, but the speculation I've heard is that New Zealand has some subsidies/incentives ending soon and they are focusing on getting a backlog of orders to them before the expiry - so as a result, some Aus orders may be pushed back.
I checked it - looks like it's not really applicable to LR, only to RWD (but yes, rebate is expiring soon)
The vehicle must be registered for the first time in New Zealand between 1 July 2021 and 31 March 2022.
The vehicle must have been purchased for less than $80,000 (New Zealand dollars), including GST and on-road costs (the purchase price).
New vehicles rebate$8625
LR price in NZ: $84,943 with on-road costs, so not eligible.

Which one is this you are looking at? I am interested in doing this too.
I would be careful at the moment.

Hanschow has included the following warning on their website at the moment:
If your car is 2022 model and car CPU Version is AMD Ryzen, this SR Audio Upgrade product may can not install currently.
there might be an issue with the new 2022 models here.

There are also several reports that the light show did not work when such a harness was installed. While the light show might be not an essential function, it could indicate that there are other functions that may not work in the future.

Reactions: 3RWD and Benzz
Not only is this post arguably a breach of the customer's order, but is this a breach of TMC rules too? Moderator?
Currently under robust discussion in the Moderators private thread.
There is some doubt that this is possible before purchase as Tesla does not allow it and the argument that once someone owns a Tesla, for however brief period, it’s their right to sell it.
Edit: In the mean time like this post to vote to delete any posts seeking to sell reservations, if I get more than 15 likes I will make it policy.
Edit 2: More than 20 likes makes this policy from now on.

Last edited:
Currently under robust discussion in the Moderators private thread.
There is some doubt that this is possible before purchase as Tesla does not allow it and the argument that once someone owns a Tesla, for however brief period, it’s their right to sell it.
Cheers. I reported it.
It may not be a breach of the Tesla purchase contract however, the law isn't always clear cut as my lawyer daughter always tells me. There are such things as to why the law needs to exist and whether the said breach is within the Spirit of such law.
In the end I wouldn't like to see this forum being used as a trading post for vehicles unless of course they want to start a classified section, then go for it.

Reactions: sdca
The wording in the manual suggests to get it to 100% 'at least once per week', so I read that getting it to 100% anytime is ok.

Taken from the manual that I listed earlier:
"If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week."

Lets not confuse everyone.
I just read it as charge it to 100% at least once a week. You can charge it to 100% every night if you want to, however I wouldn't leave it plugged in at 100% 24/7, I don't think that is good for any battery. As with anything, just use some common sense.

I just read it as charge it to 100% at least once a week. You can charge it to 100% every night if you want to, however I wouldn't leave it plugged in at 100% 24/7, I don't think that is good for any battery. As with anything, just use some common sense.
The manual also states
"Model 3 has one of the most sophisticated battery systems in the world. The most important way to preserve the high voltage Battery is to LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE PLUGGED IN when you are not using it. "

Note that the capitals were not me, it is written in the manual as such.

Hi All,

Just joined the back of the line for my M3. Ordered 1 week before they extended out to 5-7 months.
Figured I'd come here and find others waiting for their M3 to be delivered, because you know, misery loves company :)

I know my wife is already sick of hearing me count down the days - and I'm working on 20 weeks max based on what my account says.
Hope to learn some good stuff here whilst i wait.

cheers
Mick

M3 RWD
OD: 8/2/22
Grey/Black
Sydney