Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope the app has been blank the whole time, and no EDD or even date range appears. Just word of mouth from SA
Given I'm in Adelaide, apparently this is normal for us in direct delivery (not sure what that means exactly)
try looking up your account on the website rather than the app - it might have the date in account > dashboard > manage > page headed [name]'s Tesla

The Contract between TESLA and the purchaser is not the law, it governs the relationship between the two parties. The law, in this case, is actually clear cut, as the sale of a motor vehicle is not prohibited. Maybe Tesla can argue a breach of contract here. But for this forum, I would suggest this is irrelevant.

From my point of view, it is highly impractical to adopt a policy that any breach of a tesla contract has ramifications for discussions in this forum. You have to censor any discussion that revolves around the potential breach of any tesla contract, terms of use of the Tesla website, and so on.

Better would be to either move the post to a trading subforum or just to ignore the post.

A fair point could otherwise be made why other potential breaches of tesla's rights are accepted, and this one is not. All discussions around AliExpress accessories that potentially breach tesla Copyrights such as the use of the Tesla Logo etc. would equally breach teslas terms. After all, Tesla includes the tesla logos and other items in which it holds a Trademark/copyright and explicitly states that it reserves its rights in relation that these.
It’s more than the legality of a post, it’s also the potential for a particular type of post to cause spam, such as referral posts, and cause disagreement or arguments amongst members.
In my earlier post I allowed the members to speak on this matter and they favour not allowing these posts, so that’s the policy.
Using TMC for personal gain is beyond the scope of the forum.

Scratch my last question. To be fair the car will show as being in Shanghai until it arrives in Australia.
It has no way of communicating its position in the middle of the ocean.
The car doesn't even run the GPS if it's in Park. If you get your Tesla moved on a truck, it'll show the location where it was driven onto the flatbed until it's driven off at the destination.

Max we must be married to the same type of woman. Yesterday she gave me a quota of only 1 comment about the Tesla per day... and I know that will quickly move in to no comments about the Tesla - period!
We went to test drive a model 3 to replace my current ICE car and she only asked the SA 3 questions:

1- when is model Y coming to Aus ?
2- will it come with 7 seats ?
3- is model Y faster than 3 ?

She only got a definitive answer for Q3 which was "yes, the long range MY would be quicker than RWD M3".
It pretty much sealed my fate in getting the RWD only....
She wants the MY and me getting M3 first really annoys her.

I don't know why ladies are attracted to SUV.

The same with mine, what's it with SUV and wives. She also wants to make sure her Model Y (whenever it comes) would be quicker than my M3. She was never someone with performance bug until she test drove a Tesla.
Pretty sure its an enjoyment to being in a large car and being able to see over the top of "those small cars".
Aside from that there's been an upwards trend of large size SUV's.