Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys
I ordered standard range white exterior and black interior. Place order at 24/01 just wondering when it possible to receive the car?
There have been a few of these types of questions recently in relation to the car delivery date and the 5-7 month wait time.

There's a simple rule for trying to get some certainty from the "no info" Tesla wait - "Without an assigned VIN, nobody can confirm a thing."

The only thing that you can actively do in the meantime is to monitor the cars in stock in your state on the Tesla website like a hawk in the event that you can get lucky and grab a car that's been part of a cancelled order.

Seems as a lot of people are gearing up for delivery, it's probably a good time to remind people about TOCA membership! Tesla Owners Club of Australia

Members get discounts at over 60 companies across Australia - accessories, cables, tinting/wrapping, accommodation, solar installers and more.

I'm about to buy my Type 2 cable and with the TOCA discount from the vendor its $35 off. I'll get another ~$15 off with the accessories I'm going to order. So that will cover my first years membership ($50). If I was getting tint or PPF the discounts available would almost pay for 1-2 years of membership (except there aren't any in Hobart, but the major cities are covered!).
Hi Chuq is there a list showing all partnered shops? I am about to book in ceramic coating in the shop my friend recommends but just want to confirm if it is partnered with TOCA so I can get further discount.

Reactions: Ib38
Model 3 Performance
EXT: white
INT: white
OD: 15/11/2021
VIN: ?allocated mid January, invoice says build date 09/01/2022
EDD: 24/02 - 10/03, SA says likely will be March

Based on Lint above, my order looks about 5 days behind that so I should expect a text this Friday? Fingers crossed, can't wait!
Just got the sms today, it seems it was on the same ship as a few others on here today.
Pick up booked for Wednesday March 2!
15 weeks after my order (about 3 1/2 months).

Hi Chuq is there a list showing all partnered shops? I am about to book in ceramic coating in the shop my friend recommends but just want to confirm if it is partnered with TOCA so I can get further discount.
This is actually a common question, I've asked before - with the answer being, no they aren't listed because for most shops you need to mention you are a TOCA member to get the discount, if it was just listed publicly then anyone could say they are and get the discount!

I can confirm there are 7 cleaning/detailing/etc companies in Sydney on the list though.

Reactions: PcS000 and Ib38
It is very hard to say.
I would trust your dates in the app and considering you got the most common spec they are more likely to build enough to cover that.
Another benefit of having that spec is you are more likely to be bumped up if there are cancellations. Just remember there will be people in front of you.

With all of this though the system isn't 100% and you may be in for a delay but fingers crossed you will be ok.

EDIT: Oh and congratulations on your new order.
Great info, thanks! Excited for the new ride.

For us really unlucky people who ordered right after it changed over to 5-7 months (why oh why didn't I book the test drive the weekend before?)

Anyone know how long it usually takes to come up with an expected delivery date in your account? I ordered on the 19/2

I just want to see that 5-7 month date so I can forget about it and move on with my life for a bit lol
est. delivery dates generally will appear soon after a car is assigned to your order but when it's still in Shanghai.

Reactions: Rowanhs
There have been a few of these types of questions recently in relation to the car delivery date and the 5-7 month wait time.

There's a simple rule for trying to get some certainty from the "no info" Tesla wait - "Without an assigned VIN, nobody can confirm a thing."

The only thing that you can actively do in the meantime is to monitor the cars in stock in your state on the Tesla website like a hawk in the event that you can get lucky and grab a car that's been part of a cancelled order.
with the current long waitlist, most likely won't appear on the inventory but just gets rolled down to the next in the queue.

I am wondering what are people going to do with the factory mats, for those who got the rubber mat accessories?
That’s a good question! I swapped mine over today and just placed them in a spare room. I liked the carpet mats but already had grass on them from a rainy day today. They have a nice non- Velcro Velcro bottom so they stay in place. I’ll probably just store them in the room off the garage and forget about them.

Reactions: MAXPOiNT
May I ask which boot edge protector you bought?

Reactions: garylovesbeer
@Chuq so if I sign up to TOCA there is a list though right? I dont wanna sub and then have to search high and low for the info
Yep! List linked right on the website after logging in.

Another option, you could sign up as an associate member (enthusiast, non owner) for $20, see the list, then if you like what you see you can "upgrade" to a full member (owner) for $30.

Hi everyone

For those interested, I got a call from my SA to provide an update on my expected delivery time.

Model: Performance, white with black interior
Ordered: 03/12/21
VIN: None
Expected delivery (on App): 8 - 12 weeks from order
Expected delivery (from SA): April - May
Pretty much the same response i got from the SA is April - May for the LR i ordered.

Or this for a third of the price:

Reactions: Benzz