Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit more detail:
  • 10A socket - use supplied UMC
  • 15A socket - use supplied UMC
  • 3-phase - use supplied UMC *plus additional 5-pin tail*
  • AC - J1772 - *needs Type1-Type2 adaptor*
  • AC - Type 2 (cabled) - cable built-in
  • AC - Type 2 (socket) - *needs Type2-Type2 cable*
  • AC - Tesla HPWC - cable built-in
  • DC - CCS2 - cable built-in
  • DC - Supercharger V2/V3 - cable built-in
Only the items in orange represent additional items to purchase. In my case the 3-phase and J1772 outlets are not common enough for me to worry about them.
That's very helpful - thanks

Reactions: Chuq
Thanks mate, checked and no luck on VIN. Guess I d better forget it and wait:)
I'm in a similar boat to you. I live in regional Tasmania, although I now have a final invoice (in the order page of my account) which shows the allocated VIN.
My understanding (which may not be correct) of the delivery process in regional areas is that Tesla cannot give you an EDD until just before delivery. They are not doing the delivery themselves, but are using a third party transport service to do the last leg(s) involving shipping , registration and delivery.
Until that third party service notifies them that they are almost ready for the delivery, they cannot tell you.

Reactions: bigbad
A bit more detail:
Only the items in orange represent additional items to purchase. In my case the 3-phase and J1772 outlets are not common enough for me to worry about them.
One thing to be aware of is that I've found some of the 15A sockets at caravan parks are on pillars where the supplied lead doesn't physically fit, due to the right angle plug, so a 15A caravan extension lead might be necessary if you're planning to charge at one.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
A bit more detail:
Really appreciate it. Is there anything that stops someone stealing the Type2-Type2 cable?

and that pin can only be opened by owner? any photos to understand would be helpful
In the picture below you can see the small square hole at the top of the type 2 plug, both male and female ends feature this.
When your Tesla starts to charge you will hear a loud click where the charge port will use this to lock the plug to the car; to remove it you need to stop charging and unlock the car before you can pull the plug out of the charge port.
Most untethered chargers also lock the plug when charging starts but not all.
1645777766052.jpeg

Reactions: invincibl and Lyth
One thing to be aware of is that I've found some of the 15A sockets at caravan parks are on pillars where the supplied lead doesn't physically fit, due to the right angle plug, so a 15A caravan extension lead might be necessary if you're planning to charge at one.
That's true. If venturing to a route where you are dependent on these, always allow for weird situations! e.g. in the pic below (many years ago, not a Tesla), the weight of the brick part would put the plug out of the socket, unless I looped the cable over the top of the post.

1645787413485.png