Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone asked to see the 100% range for an LR. 570km on mine.

Do you find this range estimate to be accurate? My Model 3 was 499 km fully charged when first purchased, now about 475 km after nearly 2.5 years (so around 5% loss) but the range estimates are pretty accurate. I believe the new LRs are more efficient than the 2020 model year, but 570km is rather… wow…

Reactions: rgc1990 and Benzz
Do you find this range estimate to be accurate? My Model 3 was 499 km fully charged when first purchased, now about 475 km after nearly 2.5 years (so around 5% loss) but the range estimates are pretty accurate. I believe the new LRs are more efficient than the 2020 model year, but 570km is rather… wow…
It does seem a bit low for essentially a new car... isnt there a procedure that you can follow to essentially recalibrate the range? eg Discharge to <5% and then max-charge... or something like that?

Ok so he's Norwegian hypermiling, but he does show what kind of range is possible.

Reactions: believer__
It does seem a bit low for essentially a new car... isnt there a procedure that you can follow to essentially recalibrate the range? eg Discharge to <5% and then max-charge... or something like that?

Are you talking about mine or @rgc1990 ? 😊

The “recalibration” procedure is to go on a nice long drive in the country. When my car spends months doing just city driving the estimated range for 100% charge does seem to slowly droop over time (noting I usually keep it between 50%-80% charged and don’t actually charge it to 100%), but then a leg-stretch with one or two DCFCs seems to pump it back up again but not much above 480.

A reported range of 570 km for a new LR seems very good and I’m wondering if this is typical.

Reactions: rgc1990
A reported range of 570 km for a new LR seems very good and I’m wondering if this is typical.
After your model was last year's LR with the first LG battery (which I have). Mine was 539 when new almost 8Months and 5K kms ago. It slowly rose to 545 about half way through that time and is now 546.
Then came the recent model LRs, which I believe have the larger battery (I think about 5% more capacity) and hence the excellent 570 figure quoted above.
So it all sounds consistent, including your initial ~500km.

Reactions: rgc1990
Mildly interesting development. Talked to my leasing company this morning and they said Tesla sent them an update 2-3 weeks ago reiterating my order's initial delivery window of May - June (14-20 weeks from order date). This was sent about halfway through the Giga Shanghai shutdown. As far as he was concerned, it sounded like my order was just straight up on track. White on white LR.

Mildly interesting development. Talked to my leasing company this morning and they said Tesla sent them an update 2-3 weeks ago reiterating my order's initial delivery window of May - June (14-20 weeks from order date). This was sent about halfway through the Giga Shanghai shutdown. As far as he was concerned, it sounded like my order was just straight up on track. White on white LR.
What was your order date?

@Hoopyfrood … again a provider of hope and optimism 🙏

Looking on the bright side of life - delayed car = more time to purchase 'essential' accessories and have them delivered.

Ordered all my accessories through Aliexpress and the last one just turned up today. Original timeframe quoted was Mid-May so significantly faster than expected. Also the price was substantially lower (probably 50% lower) than going through the usual websites or Ebay/Amazon.

Quality appears to be very good - although I can't confirm fit until the car arrives - obviously.

Bottom Line - In my opinion - Aliexpress is a great way to cut out the middle man.

Reactions: PcS000 and trippa
ahh hard not to get a little excited hearing this!
i ordered White/White LR 25/02 in Perth.
Where you located and order date!?

First time poster here, ordered M3P 15/02. I had a similar experience to this when I recently discussed with Macquarie.

I feel it’s quite accurate. I can do a Lismore to Brisbane trip, with driving around the city or wherever, and return back to Knockrow Supercharger with around 15-20%, which is ‘within spec’ of the estimate I feel. 😁