Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I decided to finance half the cost of my M3 as a means to build credit rating (I haven't had debt in 10+ years).

Went with Macquarie on the 2.99%. Got the finance approved three months ago. So yesterday my rep sent me the form to renew it for another three months. That's fine. But should the car not arrive by then, it'll lapse entirely and I'll have to reapply, at which point it'll likely be on 3.99%.

With my EDD of Aug - Nov there is a high probability it will not arrive before the finance lapses.

I emailed my SA about this and was just told 'we don't control Macquarie.' Yes, obviously. I've asked if its possible to get the invoice earlier and process everything.

Anyone got any tips or experience on this situation?
went with plenti, the 90 days preapproval lapsed already this month and I am on the second 90 days preapproval - Aug/Nov delivery for mine. Asked plenti what will happen if no car yet but the second 90 days is gone. Answer: There will be no more extension, and I will have to reapply, which is a bit of a pain but it didn't take long before.

I am hoping I can get an Aug delivery, but Sept/Oct is more likely... which mean, re-applying the loan.

mine has just changed from May 30-June 13, and now is June 3 - June 17.

It’s a lottery
Yes, mine has just moved from 2 - 16 June to 6 - 20 June. I assume this is because of the delay with Turandot parked off Brisbane with its current docking date at June 2 22:00. I also assume that it is going to unload the Tesla's for Queensland at Port Kembla. The Port Kembla website now has Turandot arriving at June 4 23:00, which seemed a bit optimistic until I found a calculator that said Brisbane to Port Kembla by sea at 16 knots takes 1.6 days, which seems do-able if they turn Turandot around quickly (no idea how long it takes to unload cars). If your car is being unloaded at Port Kembla, I don't see how they ever had your earliest date of 30th May as that was the original date for Turandot to arrive in Port Kembla before we had the delay into Brisbane. Seems like they just realised that there is a delay in Brisbane and then just added 4 days to all the dates. If the date into Port Kembla holds at June 4 then I think I have a chance of getting my car sometime in the week beginning 6th June. I suspect Brisbane might fall into the week beginning 13th June given they have to truck it to Brisbane. All supposition of course. It's also hard to get motivated to clean a space in the garage for the new car when I don't have a definite date to focus on.

Yes, mine has just moved from 2 - 16 June to 6 - 20 June. I assume this is because of the delay with Turandot parked off Brisbane with its current docking date at June 2 22:00. I also assume that it is going to unload the Tesla's for Queensland at Port Kembla. The Port Kembla website now has Turandot arriving at June 4 23:00, which seemed a bit optimistic until I found a calculator that said Brisbane to Port Kembla by sea at 16 knots takes 1.6 days, which seems do-able if they turn Turandot around quickly (no idea how long it takes to unload cars). If your car is being unloaded at Port Kembla, I don't see how they ever had your earliest date of 30th May as that was the original date for Turandot to arrive in Port Kembla before we had the delay into Brisbane. Seems like they just realised that there is a delay in Brisbane and then just added 4 days to all the dates. If the date into Port Kembla holds at June 4 then I think I have a chance of getting my car sometime in the week beginning 6th June. I suspect Brisbane might fall into the week beginning 13th June given they have to truck it to Brisbane. All supposition of course. It's also hard to get motivated to clean a space in the garage for the new car when I don't have a definite date to focus on.
Or, as been mentioned previously, but unconfirmed, they may unload cars in Brisbane

So I decided to finance half the cost of my M3 as a means to build credit rating (I haven't had debt in 10+ years).

Went with Macquarie on the 2.99%. Got the finance approved three months ago. So yesterday my rep sent me the form to renew it for another three months. That's fine. But should the car not arrive by then, it'll lapse entirely and I'll have to reapply, at which point it'll likely be on 3.99%.

With my EDD of Aug - Nov there is a high probability it will not arrive before the finance lapses.

I emailed my SA about this and was just told 'we don't control Macquarie.' Yes, obviously. I've asked if its possible to get the invoice earlier and process everything.

Anyone got any tips or experience on this situation?
I'm in the precise same boat with Macquarie. The 3 month extension will last until end of August. But then it will be a new application, and 3.99% or higher/lower, depending on what rates look like around then.

It's not great, but not Macquarie's fault either. Just one of those things. But anyone who was borrowing that tightly on their income, that an extra percent on rates would become unnaffordable, they probably shouldn't be borrowing money for a car. Harsh but truth.

Reactions: MozMan and trippa
Just off the phone with my SA, and he said that our cars are going to Melbourne, because “Sydney port is a mess”
Where that leaves us, I don’t know.
Turandot dye in Melbourne on 07/06, but it’s already 7 days late into Brisbane, so that makes it 14/06.
Morning Crystal is currently in Sydney and due in Melbourne on 09/06, but I believe it has just come from NZ.
So who knows?

Just off the phone with my SA, and he said that our cars are going to Melbourne, because “Sydney port is a mess”
Where that leaves us, I don’t know.
Turandot dye in Melbourne on 07/06, but it’s already 7 days late into Brisbane, so that makes it 14/06.
Morning Crystal is currently in Sydney and due in Melbourne on 09/06, but I believe it has just come from NZ.
So who knows?
Morning Crystal had no Shanghai call on this run. Turandot still waiting thou likely has some cars on board

I'm in the precise same boat with Macquarie. The 3 month extension will last until end of August. But then it will be a new application, and 3.99% or higher/lower, depending on what rates look like around then.

It's not great, but not Macquarie's fault either. Just one of those things. But anyone who was borrowing that tightly on their income, that an extra percent on rates would become unnaffordable, they probably shouldn't be borrowing money for a car. Harsh but truth.
Agreed. I'm fortunate to be in a position where I could buy the car outright, in cash. But, as stated, doing the finance for half to actually have a credit rating.

It's more the annoyance.