Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, you can see the steering wheel in the first 2 seconds

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 1.59.02 pm.png

Reactions: rtvanda
To pay for financing to get a “credit rating” is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. But hey, each to their own.
Maybe, but having not had any debt for over a decade creates its own problems in a world that values a credit rating. If I have the excess cash to buy it outright, I could do that. Or, I finance half of it on 2.99% and while doing that, put the cash I then retain in an investment that with a higher return = credit rating being built while not costing me anything extra.

Maybe, but having not had any debt for over a decade creates its own problems in a world that values a credit rating. If I have the excess cash to buy it outright, I could do that. Or, I finance half of it on 2.99% and while doing that, put the cash I then retain in an investment that with a higher return = credit rating being built while not costing me anything extra.
javataco can't have heard many stupid things, and also clearly has no idea about how credit scoring works... this is a sensible idea.

I’m implying you don’t need to ‘build a credit score” here like in America, and the act of paying a fee to do it is insane.
If you don't have a credit history in Australia you are an unknown risk profile to lenders. Therefore banks will either not lend to you or will charge an interest rate higher than advertised. A secured loan like a car is a lower interest option to build this rating. So 'insane' is probably a bit mean.

If you don't have a credit history in Australia you are an unknown risk profile to lenders. Therefore banks will either not lend to you or will charge an interest rate higher than advertised. A secured loan like a car is a lower interest option to build this rating. So 'insane' is probably a bit mean.
In the context of Australia, this is true, but I think a car loan at 4% doesn't seem like an optimal choice. There are other leas costlier ways to build credit history.

Reactions: Maximillan