Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No offence but Veda Prime has not provided one accurate piece of info that I have read in 6 months of waiting
Haha! I think that's because we're in topsy turvy world. His knowledge seems based on non-lockdown regularity. Same as that Mr Miserable dude. He's wrong as often as most of us but his cult members love the authority he exudes.

Morning Crystal docked at Port Kembla yesterday and is back off to China. Probably on that. Vedaprime stated with confidence there were no Teslas on board. Perhaps incorrect?
Morning Crystal didn't dock in Shanghai for that voyage, only Korea and Japan. So I would be fairly confident that there were no Tesla's on Morning Crystal. However, Don Juan which docked in Port Kembla Thursday 26th May did originate in Shanghai. Since I had heard nothing since I had discounted it as having Tesla's. But, if there really are cars in Sydney now, then perhaps Don Juan did have Tesla's on board. I have no experience or knowledge of how long it takes to get cars off the wharf and up to Sydney, it wouldn't surprise me if it took several days. I called my SA last Monday and left a message asking if they could find out what ship my car is on, haven't heard anything since.

So in summary, if there truly are cars in Sydney now, then I think they had to come on Don Juan. If they aren't in Sydney then the best bet (actually the only bet) is that they on Turandot and they should get to Port Kembla this weekend. Either way, it would seem our cars are imminent (at least for Sydney deliveries).

It shouldn't be this hard, I'm sure "someone" in Tesla knows which ships have which VINs, I don't understand why it is such a secret.

Reactions: cafz
Morning Crystal didn't dock in Shanghai for that voyage, only Korea and Japan. So I would be fairly confident that there were no Tesla's on Morning Crystal. However, Don Juan which docked in Port Kembla Thursday 26th May did originate in Shanghai. Since I had heard nothing since I had discounted it as having Tesla's. But, if there really are cars in Sydney now, then perhaps Don Juan did have Tesla's on board. I have no experience or knowledge of how long it takes to get cars off the wharf and up to Sydney, it wouldn't surprise me if it took several days. I called my SA last Monday and left a message asking if they could find out what ship my car is on, haven't heard anything since.

So in summary, if there truly are cars in Sydney now, then I think they had to come on Don Juan. If they aren't in Sydney then the best bet (actually the only bet) is that they on Turandot and they should get to Port Kembla this weekend. Either way, it would seem our cars are imminent (at least for Sydney deliveries).

It shouldn't be this hard, I'm sure "someone" in Tesla knows which ships have which VINs, I don't understand why it is such a secret.
Oh yeah true.

SAs in Tesla aren't dealers, they're salaried store assistants. So asking them which ship cars are on is like asking a dude at Target which truck the next shipment of pants is on. They don't really know until they have pants. Or you'll get a vague "Oh yeah we usually get pants once a month. Coupla weeks?". I think it's less secret and more just process/workflow which is currently in disarray. Tesla should just publish production schedules.

I didn't expect them to know which ship, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask them to find out. Someone in Australia is booking trucks to pick up specific VINs from specific ports on specific dates. I suspect production schedules might be "commercial in confidence", but it would be nice if when they assign a VIN to your order they also told you the ship it is on. I guess it wouldn't matter if they had a reliable and predictable process. Perhaps it will be better in the future when they don't have covid lockdowns etc.

The problem is that I have to move some money around to complete the payment (done half of it already) and also take my current car to the dealer I am selling it to. All that takes time, so if they told me right now I could get it tomorrow, it will probably be at least 2-3 days more before I can get the money there. I don't want to sell my car now and then be without a car for 1 or 2 weeks. If they confirmed my car was on Turandot, for example, I would sell my car tomorrow and then move the money to Citibank and I would probably be ready by about next Tuesday, and the car would probably be ready for delivery a day or two after that. I sure hope the car is as good as I remember it was last November!!!!

I didn't expect them to know which ship, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask them to find out. Someone in Australia is booking trucks to pick up specific VINs from specific ports on specific dates. I suspect production schedules might be "commercial in confidence", but it would be nice if when they assign a VIN to your order they also told you the ship it is on. I guess it wouldn't matter if they had a reliable and predictable process. Perhaps it will be better in the future when they don't have covid lockdowns etc.

The problem is that I have to move some money around to complete the payment (done half of it already) and also take my current car to the dealer I am selling it to. All that takes time, so if they told me right now I could get it tomorrow, it will probably be at least 2-3 days more before I can get the money there. I don't want to sell my car now and then be without a car for 1 or 2 weeks. If they confirmed my car was on Turandot, for example, I would sell my car tomorrow and then move the money to Citibank and I would probably be ready by about next Tuesday, and the car would probably be ready for delivery a day or two after that. I sure hope the car is as good as I remember it was last November!!!!
I agree that once vin is assigned, they should have a way to allow you to track your car.
A friend ordered a new BMW M3 CS, and once it was built, was given the ship name and an app to track it with.

I am also repeatedly seeing confirmation that SAs in Australia have the same level of information (if not less) as we do on shipping unless they get a batch of VINs originally destined for themselves or cars arrive in port. Which aligns with what my SA consistently says: No communication at all with the factory, they know about a VIN at the same time we know. In that they get an email at the exact same time we get a text. If we find it in source code, we in fact know earlier than they do. Between purchase and VIN they have zero info about anything.

Still wondering if Turandot and Clara could conceivably have cars on board and none of the SAs have any idea.
My SA I would know about my car before him, even though I like him and IMO I think he is very good.

Turandot sailed this morning at 03:22, Due into Port Kembla tomorrow at 11:00. I f they unloaded any of the Qld cars in Brisbane I guess you guys should find out pretty soon. This is like being 7 years old and waiting for Christmas Day to come (I can jus t remember that long ago)!!
I did not see anything being offload from Turandot in Brisbane and it was quite high in the water (low draught). The Tugela which was next to the Turandot and from the same line of vehicle carriers was being loaded with earthmoving equipment and was quite low in the water. The Tugela came from NZ.

I did not see anything being offload from Turandot in Brisbane and it was quite high in the water (low draught). The Tugela which was next to the Turandot and from the same line of vehicle carriers was being loaded with earthmoving equipment and was quite low in the water. The Tugela came from NZ.
The draught went from 9.5 to 9.0 overnight. So lost 0.5 of something. But that could just be the first measurement since leaving Korea and it used 0.5 draught's worth of fuel/water/food/seaman poos/supplies on the long trip.

Reactions: penn_
The draught went from 9.5 to 9.0 overnight. So lost 0.5 of something. But that could just be the first measurement since leaving Korea and it used 0.5 draught's worth of fuel/water/food/seaman poos/supplies on the long trip.
Yes, I have no idea what happened overnight. Maybe Teslas we’re offloaded overnight in which case they should be in the Nudgee distribution Centre. Maybe later I will check that out, yesterday it was locked. When we picked up my mates in the last shipment it was open.

Yes, I have no idea what happened overnight. Maybe Teslas we’re offloaded overnight in which case they should be in the Nudgee distribution Centre. Maybe later I will check that out, yesterday it was locked. When we picked up my mates in the last shipment it was open.
If they were offloaded, they can sit on the wharf for a day or two, dpeending on various things like - have they been precleared through Customs (they should have but not a guarantee), are there trucks available to transport them or with the delays have they been allocated to other jobs. If all the ducks are lined up , yes they'll move quite quicky off the wharf, its just not a certainty that it happens all the time. Cargo usually stays a maximum of 3 days on the wharf - the storage charges rise quite sharply after that.

Any word on Morning Clara or her eta Brisbane??
for what it’s worth. New armacup schedule has Clara 9th of June at Brisbane. With that are we turning our eyes to the Viking Passama for possible ship with our July made m3’s?!

Attachments

• 34947D92-275B-4647-9FD6-064BFFF16D9F.png
    34947D92-275B-4647-9FD6-064BFFF16D9F.png
    805.2 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: moa999 and rtvanda