Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Being new to this process, how long does it usually take to receive the notice of a VIN number? If waiting time is stated as 6-9 months, would I be looking at 4-7 months for a VIN? Longer/shorter? Or does it vary so much that a timeframe is just unpredictable?

Thank you for any insight that can be provided.

Oh ok, it's only been 3 months waiting for me, was trying to get a guage on whether I'll be waiting the 6 or 9. In that case that, it will be hard to determine. I guess I'll put expectation on 9 months and hope for sooner. :)
Thanks for info Crunchy. 👍

I've noticed a couple of replies that go against the grain, but it looks like anyone with an order date of 13/02 (the last full day of 14-20 weeks) and before now shows Aug-Oct. LR and P in the 5-7 month wait list also show Aug-Oct. Any RWD in the 5-7 month and beyond and any LR and P in the 6-9 and beyond show Aug-Nov. And I don't think I've seen many responses from the 9-12 month crew about what their account shows.
Yep, I ordered grey M3LR with 5-7 month wait on 9/3/22 and it’s showing Aug-Oct delivery.
Ordered 7 days before the price increase and wait time increase! 😅

Yep, I ordered grey M3LR with 5-7 month wait on 9/3/22 and it’s showing Aug-Oct delivery.
Ordered 7 days before the price increase and wait time increase! 😅
I ordered LR in early Feb 14-20 weeks delivery and I haven’t got a VIN yet. From my experience it depends on what they are making(color/upholstery color/RWD/LR/P etc) at the time. I know someone ordered a RWD in Dec who got his in the last batch, and someone else who ordered a P in Nov who is still waiting.

Turandot just docked in Port Kembla. Let's hope our Nov, 2021 orders are really on it. The ship leaves tomorrow morning so I guess we are now in the hands of the car transporters. I even thought about driving down there to see if I could see any Tesla's being unloaded, but that seems a bit extreme (and it doesn't look like you can get much of a look at the wharf anyway). I also have to finish making a space in the garage for the new car!!!!

Turandot just docked in Port Kembla. Let's hope our Nov, 2021 orders are really on it. The ship leaves tomorrow morning so I guess we are now in the hands of the car transporters. I even thought about driving down there to see if I could see any Tesla's being unloaded, but that seems a bit extreme (and it doesn't look like you can get much of a look at the wharf anyway). I also have to finish making a space in the garage for the new car!!!!
I got told by my SA that they weren’t unloading in Sydney this time as “it’s a mess” and that they would all be unloaded in Melbourne.

I got told by my SA that they weren’t unloading in Sydney this time as “it’s a mess” and that they would all be unloaded in Melbourne.
I have been watching the Port Kembla web site and there have been a constant stream of car carrier ships going in and out over past weeks. For example Tugela just left, Turandot has docked and leaves tomorrow morning, Hoegh London leaves just before midnight tonight and Lavender Ace arrives just after midnight. If the cars aren't being cleared off the wharf in a reasonable time, I wonder where they are putting all the cars, I can't imagine they have a huge amount of storage space? Anyway, here's hoping he has misinformed you.