Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to know how much Tesla make from cancellations each year. Can imagine over the last year it has been a few $$
wouldn't have thought it'd be a lot, in Tesla scale. Even if there's 200 cancellation (which I doubt), it will be $70k - which for Tesla would not account to much. I think the cancellation fee for Tesla is less on the amount, and more to make sure people don't just make random bookings and cancel in the end, leaving Tesla having to deal with the aftermath. Imagine if the deposit is fully refundable - people would just order and cancel, leaving Tesla with maybe hundreds (if not more) of cancellations, delivery dates will be even more uncertain than it is now.

Reactions: AdeInMelbs
Get both, sell the 3 for profit when it arrives, pocket difference 😉

Otherwise, not from what I've heard
interesting. Also, this way you could get the NSW rebate, as you would be claiming it for the Model 3 - rough mental calculation, but this might bring the cost of Model Y to the same level as model 3 (Assuming you use the rebate + selling model 3 at a profit).

Most cars at car sales are selling RWD model 3 for 80K+ with 3000KM on the clock.. I mean, that seems really overpriced.