Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my M3 Long Range Blue/Black this morning. All went smoothly and the only fault I could find was that the gap between the piece of the tail light on the boot lid and the tail light on the body on the right side is slightly wider at the top than the bottom. I don't think I will worry about it, you have to look hard to notice it. Here are a few observations.

1/. I had a 45 klms to drive on a motorway to go to my grandson's sports day and I knew it had to take some number of kilometres to calibrate the cameras for the adaptive cruise control and the Autosteer. It didn't take long, I think only about 10 - 15 klms. I could then use the cruise control, but I couldn't use the Autosteer because it has to be activated in the "Controls" screen and you have to be in park to activate it. So I had to wait for the return trip to try out Autosteer. It seems to work very well ( I was driving at 110k and 100k, I even tried it briefly on a single lane road at 60k). But it's like on my previous car which had adaptive cruise control, it took me a while to completely trust it to stop behind a stationary car all by itself. Same with Autosteer, I'm sure I will get used to it quickly and learn to trust it can stay in the lane when a truck is next to me.

2/. For those of you who suffer from what my optometrist calls "A G E" disease and need to use reading glasses to read the paper or use a laptop, I think you may need to get a pair of driving glasses. With my BMW 330iGT I eventually got a pair of bifocals made so I could more easily read some of the things on the centre screen and also in the main instruments. I could get by without them and I didn't use them much, but most of the things I needed to do had regular switches or controlled by the rotary controller. But since the Tesla has almost everything done through the central screen I think the icons need to be "crisp". If anyone wants a more detailed description of the glasses I had made feel free to contact me through a private message.

3/. I'm sure I'm going to get used to the one pedal driving. It's ok when driving moderately, but if I want to drive a little more aggressively up to a corner it doesn't seem like the regen braking is enough. Not a problem, I just have to get used to it and know when to add the normal braking in with the regen.

4/. I'm struggling a little navigating through the screens. Again, I think I will get used to it, I just can't drive the car and try things out at the same time and I know I'm not as sharp as I once was (A G E again).

5/. I really really wish it had a head up display.

I haven't really been able to give the car a good try out yet (wife was with me all day too), I'm sure I'm going to love it when I can. Good luck to all of you still waiting for your cars.

So I picked up my M3 Long Range Blue/Black this morning. All went smoothly and the only fault I could find was that the gap between the piece of the tail light on the boot lid and the tail light on the body on the right side is slightly wider at the top than the bottom. I don't think I will worry about it, you have to look hard to notice it. Here are a few observations.

1/. I had a 45 klms to drive on a motorway to go to my grandson's sports day and I knew it had to take some number of kilometres to calibrate the cameras for the adaptive cruise control and the Autosteer. It didn't take long, I think only about 10 - 15 klms. I could then use the cruise control, but I couldn't use the Autosteer because it has to be activated in the "Controls" screen and you have to be in park to activate it. So I had to wait for the return trip to try out Autosteer. It seems to work very well ( I was driving at 110k and 100k, I even tried it briefly on a single lane road at 60k). But it's like on my previous car which had adaptive cruise control, it took me a while to completely trust it to stop behind a stationary car all by itself. Same with Autosteer, I'm sure I will get used to it quickly and learn to trust it can stay in the lane when a truck is next to me.

2/. For those of you who suffer from what my optometrist calls "A G E" disease and need to use reading glasses to read the paper or use a laptop, I think you may need to get a pair of driving glasses. With my BMW 330iGT I eventually got a pair of bifocals made so I could more easily read some of the things on the centre screen and also in the main instruments. I could get by without them and I didn't use them much, but most of the things I needed to do had regular switches or controlled by the rotary controller. But since the Tesla has almost everything done through the central screen I think the icons need to be "crisp". If anyone wants a more detailed description of the glasses I had made feel free to contact me through a private message.

3/. I'm sure I'm going to get used to the one pedal driving. It's ok when driving moderately, but if I want to drive a little more aggressively up to a corner it doesn't seem like the regen braking is enough. Not a problem, I just have to get used to it and know when to add the normal braking in with the regen.

4/. I'm struggling a little navigating through the screens. Again, I think I will get used to it, I just can't drive the car and try things out at the same time and I know I'm not as sharp as I once was (A G E again).

5/. I really really wish it had a head up display.

I haven't really been able to give the car a good try out yet (wife was with me all day too), I'm sure I'm going to love it when I can. Good luck to all of you still waiting for your cars.
Congrats on getting it. Good write-up, looking forward to trying mine out tomorrow

One more thing. I was surprised to find that the software level in my car is 2022.11.101.1. The screen says that my S/W is up to date as at 16th June, 2022 at 2:39pm. I was expecting it would be 2022.12.3.1 or the latest 2022.16.1.1. I connected to wifi to see if that would trigger something but I have no "yellow clock" icon so I can't initiate an update. Do any of you out there with cars (recently or not so recently) have a higher level than 2022.11.101.1?

One more thing. I was surprised to find that the software level in my car is 2022.11.101.1. The screen says that my S/W is up to date as at 16th June, 2022 at 2:39pm. I was expecting it would be 2022.12.3.1 or the latest 2022.16.1.1. I connected to wifi to see if that would trigger something but I have no "yellow clock" icon so I can't initiate an update. Do any of you out there with cars (recently or not so recently) have a higher level than 2022.11.101.1?
Did you get a mobile charger with the car?

Like the name!

Curious to know, how many peeps on here have named their car? 😋
It's actually part of the set up process for a Tesla to give the car a name - it shows up in the app, website etc (I guess so you can see which car you're operating on when you have more than one).

I called ours the Heart Of Gold, referencing both HHGTTG and that very expensive battery at the heart of the beast.

• Informative
Reactions: *Sparkles*