Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to think the same until........ The Misses was involved in a rear-end accident. Only seemed small at the time. She even drove the car home. insurance told her to pick up a Hire Car as they would be taking her car away to be looked at. It took two weeks for them to get back to her to say that the car was being written off! It was another two weeks for all of the paperwork to come through with the money to buy a new car. For me now it's a no-brainer as there is no way we could have survived without a second car for a month. Also, a Roo strike is not an at-fault accident. So you are covered for them. (Speaking from experience on this one!
Was that for a Tesla? or ICE?
I'd hate to have mine written off and then have another LONG wait.
Would hire care be covered for 6-9 monts wait for new M3?

I used to think the same until........ The Misses was involved in a rear-end accident. Only seemed small at the time. She even drove the car home. insurance told her to pick up a Hire Car as they would be taking her car away to be looked at. It took two weeks for them to get back to her to say that the car was being written off! It was another two weeks for all of the paperwork to come through with the money to buy a new car. For me now it's a no-brainer as there is no way we could have survived without a second car for a month. Also, a Roo strike is not an at-fault accident. So you are covered for them. (Speaking from experience on this one!
Good to know re the roo strike. I suppose a couple of hundred dollars a year on a policy that is already around $1500 isn't a huge jump when compared to the hassle of having no car for weeks

Also consider that NRMA are rolling out chargers. They're free for everyone at the moment but have said they will eventually start charging for use but if you are an NRMA customer you will continue to get free use.

NRMA Insurance is a totally different company (IAG)

To the Motoring body which is rolling out the chargers, and in any event from the latest surveys NRMA have sent out you will need to be on specific EV Roadside plans to get free or discounted charging.

They'd just pay out the market value or agreed value I would think. They tend to state 'hire car until repair complete or insurance policy settled' or words to that effect.
RACQ hire car for 3 weeks. they were unable to answer the question about the longer requirement whilst waiting for replacement vehicle. "check with claims department", but their email bounced back. so, who knows.

To be honest it's actually $3800 from 76200 to 80k
Not sure which article you were reading, but the one I was referring to is:

Tesla Model 3​

The Model 3 is the one that got the smallest price increase of all Tesla’s lineup today.

Only the Model 3 Long Range is affected as it went from $54,490 to $57,990 – a $2,500 price increase:

Tesla Model Y​

The Model Y, which has become Tesla’s most popular model, has received a bigger price increase with both versions of the electric SUV going up in cost.

• Model Y Long Range went from $62,990 to $65,990
  • Model Y Performance went from $67,990 to $69,990

No, I was asking about Comprehensive insurance. I booked MX and waiting now. I tried to do some search, there are not much choices. Just want to know who the players in this area and whom you guys are going with.
I found NRMA was cheaper for comprehensive too. I took a $1500 excess instead of $1000 to make it a it cheaper. It was $1557 including windscreen. I also liked that I didn't have to name other drivers unless they are regular drivers and there isn't any extra excess as long as they are over 25 or licenced less than 2 years. Also, if there is a learner they base the excess on the licensed driver with them. Previously I had used Youi for several years but they were more than $1000 dearer and then they did get it down but was still more than $500 dearer.

Not sure which article you were reading, but the one I was referring to is:

Tesla Model 3​

The Model 3 is the one that got the smallest price increase of all Tesla’s lineup today.

Only the Model 3 Long Range is affected as it went from $54,490 to $57,990 – a $2,500 price increase:

Tesla Model Y​

The Model Y, which has become Tesla’s most popular model, has received a bigger price increase with both versions of the electric SUV going up in cost.

• Model Y Long Range went from $62,990 to $65,990
  • Model Y Performance went from $67,990 to $69,990
Ah ok I was referring to the Australian price increase for Model 3 LR...I guess I got confused :)

Reactions: Polarxp
As if Tesla didn’t know this was happening when they advised from August deliveries on outstanding orders of the Model 3 and Model Y. All they want is orders on the books, it appears more and more they don’t give a crap about their customers
I have a suspicion they want orders made at 10k below the current listed price to cancel. They say themselves they don't have a demand problem, they have a production problem.