Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How soon after ordering should I expect to hear from Tesla? I ordered a M3P 13/6 and the most I've heard was a "thanks for your order" and on 14/6 "Welcome to the Tesla family" which asked me to complete some tasks, which I have done. Should I expect a human to contact me at some point soon?
Nope. Next thing that happens is a VIN assigned, but that doesn't happen until a car is built and matched to your order. On current estimated delivery dates, that's probably not going to be until late January.

How soon after ordering should I expect to hear from Tesla? I ordered a M3P 13/6 and the most I've heard was a "thanks for your order" and on 14/6 "Welcome to the Tesla family" which asked me to complete some tasks, which I have done. Should I expect a human to contact me at some point soon?
I didn’t hear from mine at all. In the end I called the Telsa phone number and spoke to someone. She went through everything with me and said everything was ok. She then contacted my SA and he called me the next day to check if I had anymore questions.

Nope. Next thing that happens is a VIN assigned, but that doesn't happen until a car is built and matched to your order. On current estimated delivery dates, that's probably not going to be until late January.
Alright, thanks! I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out if I had missed something. Time to distract myself by buying accessories... 😁

I didn’t hear from mine at all. In the end I called the Telsa phone number and spoke to someone. She went through everything with me and said everything was ok. She then contacted my SA and he called me the next day to check if I had anymore questions.
Perhaps I will call them, just in case.

Anyone got any new info/hunches on when the next lot of vins will be assigned? Let's get some speculation happening again 👀
Sometime after the next batch of RHD cars are built, which is likely to be sometime in the first 2 weeks of July, then sometime in the first 2 weeks of October (based on historical data, which may differ wildly from future data, so have grains of salt handy)

Picked her up on saturday. Tuesday the tint, Ceramic coating and PPF front bumper. Looking at getting the alloys powdered coated in the near future.

IMG_0701.jpg

So, my first OTA update done. Was a little dodgy, as my wifi won’t reach the garage, so I hotspotted to my phone, and had the phone on wifi.
Dropped out a couple of times, but got there in the end. Now rockin 2022.16.1.2
My car was delivered with 2022.11.xxxx on Friday and then yesterday afternoon the 2022.16.1.2 became available. Installed last night with no issues, so the previous response to my earlier post was correct, eventually the update will turn up.