Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling that with the upcoming shutdown tesla model 3/Y will get the upgraded driver screen like model X and S. Its just a feeling so dont roast me 😀
1656043932527.png

Possible but I suspect the focus will be on more throughput rather than more or different features.
So it will be about improving the current bottlenecks

eg if painting the car was the current process bottleneck then this would improve that process by say 20% so it is no longer the overall speed bottleneck.

Likely they are doing several processes improvements during this time.

Its possible that they will add features, as Tesla continuously upgrades its cars.

On another point, I ordered mid march 22 for my M3 LR. It was at the time that you got 19' wheels as standard. Now they are $2200. Does anyone have experience with asking Tesla to change the wheels to the standard 18' ones and give a refund on the 19's?

I
Its possible that they will add features, as Tesla continuously upgrades its cars.

On another point, I ordered mid march 22 for my M3 LR. It was at the time that you got 19' wheels as standard. Now they are $2200. Does anyone have experience with asking Tesla to change the wheels to the standard 18' ones and give a refund on the 19's?
I doubt Tesla would go for it because you'd be wanting to keep the original list price for the car and downgrade the wheels. It's a bit like picking and choosing the best bits from then & now.

A more realistic option could be to find someone with 18s who wants the Sport wheels. I might do the same.

I think they use Armacup for the RORO transport.

Here is a link to the currently booked passages:
Are there any other RORO operators?
Armacup seems to be our standard for the Shanghai to AU run. but I notice that there are 2 other ships in port in Melbourne, one in Kembla, and one in Brisbane today that do not feature in the Armacup schedules. Has me wondering if Armacup has exclusive carriage of the Ts???

I might be showing my ignorance with this comment / question, but if there’s anyone who’s savvy with novated leases, I’d like to understand this better…

With Labor’s policy to make EV’s below the luxury car threshold exempt from FBT, say I had a current (pre FBT-exempt) novated lease quote for a M3 at $66k drive away, on a lease of 5 years, and the leasing company quoted me a pre-tax / post-tax deduction of $240 / $510 respectively per month.

When FBT exemption kicks in, does the $510pm post-tax deduction simply get wiped from the amounts paid per month? Or does some of the amount covered by thr “post-tax deduction” get reassessed as a pre-tax deduction? And if so, any clue as to what vague reassessed figures we’d be looking at?

I might be showing my ignorance with this comment / question, but if there’s anyone who’s savvy with novated leases, I’d like to understand this better…

With Labor’s policy to make EV’s below the luxury car threshold exempt from FBT, say I had a current (pre FBT-exempt) novated lease quote for a M3 at $66k drive away, on a lease of 5 years, and the leasing company quoted me a pre-tax / post-tax deduction of $240 / $510 respectively per month.

When FBT exemption kicks in, does the $510pm post-tax deduction simply get wiped from the amounts paid per month? Or does some of the amount covered by thr “post-tax deduction” get reassessed as a pre-tax deduction? And if so, any clue as to what vague reassessed figures we’d be looking at?
My understanding is the lease costs 750 monthly in total and to offset FBT you contribute to the lease out of your own pocket (post tax $510 in your example). Once the legislation kicks in the lease will still cost 750but as there's no FBT so you won't need to provide personal contributions from your pocket to offset it. Therefore full 750 will be pre tax. That's my understanding happy to be corrected and am waiting till July for lease company to do me a quote... If my thinking is correct it'll provide some modest savings

Reactions: cafz
On the side note today I test drove MY RWD and I felt the ride was unnecessarly stiff and can feel the bumps quite a bit more than M3....will stick to my CX9 for SUV until Tesla can soften them a bit
‐----------
M3 LR White/Black
OD: 03/05
VIN: Not Yet | EDD: 🤷‍♂️

Last edited: