Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something like a class action for breach of promise or broken contract? discrimination based on location? or ...
None of those would fly. It is an estimated delivery date, it is neither a promise nor a contract. Discrimination tends to be on something you can't change (with some caveats) i.e gender, race, age, sexual preference...
You can always change your location. Move to China. They are pushing Tesla for more local deliveries.

Reactions: rtvanda
I agree. The car we've ordered is for my wife and she won't be swayed to any other current options and doesn't mind too much about the wait. If it was a car for me, I would probably have cancelled by now. Not that I think that would affect Tesla a single bit.
I share your view. it was my wife's urging to go to Tesla, and its likely to be mostly her car [when it arrives]. There's little prospect of swaying her opinion, even if i thought that jumping ship might be productive. Few other car manufactures have shorter wait times, even ICEs. so what point of changing now?
I am fairly lost with the Tesla brand though, and could seriously consider alternatives.
Joe_B is right anyone of us jumping ship would have no effect on Tesla, but a whole lot of us doing might make them pay attention.

A dud heading up Tesla Australia? No. Australia is simply not that important a market for Tesla. The country is negative on EV's, has restrictive taxes on the vehicles and it doesn't represent a great deal of revenue when compared to other markets. Getting stroppy at Tesla will have zero effect. I'd suggest that if you're getting upset then either cancel your order or just think about something else. If you wait, eventually you'll get a car that cost you far below the current market value.
I mean getting shunted twice in a row plus a failure to make enough in Q1 seems to point to a lack of representation made from the "ROW" or Australian head. And certainly going the other way down the line there has been an obvious lack of action. No communication to either shopfront staff or customers at all. It's even obvious from the varying reports of what SAs have told the small percentage of people in here that they haven't even bothered to provide them with a script or bothered to present a united front. We have SAs telling us they weren't informed of Model Y being released, they just got swamped one day. Elon was even surprised by demand, indicating he wasn't adequately briefed either.

All points to someone at the top of the Australian arm being crap at their job.

I am sure they have meetings. I am sure someone can pipe up and say "Hey! British customers have only been waiting 3 months. Maybe our market could do with some cars.".

How does Britain offer a more profitable sale on a car? They aren't part of the EU.

Shut up or give up is the worst strategy ever. Not sure what your reasoning is there. And i never said anything about getting stroppy. It's business. You apply pressure and ask where your order is up to. You've never worked in procurement, have you. Also sounds a lot like the above Tesla upper management staff member's strategy i just described. Shut up or give up.

Something like a class action for breach of promise or broken contract? discrimination based on location? or ...
No, i mean all of us not taking their lack of information as an answer and asking to go up the line perhaps. Applying pressure somehow. Not waiting patiently basically. And perhaps, with the lack of representation from Tesla Australia, somehow creating that representation ourselves. Email the board of directors? Google reviews? All give them 1 star and say we will change it if they build our cars? Draw media attention? Twitter?

Reactions: rtvanda