Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very unlikely that anything we do on our end will improve wait times. Management will just reassure they are doing everything they can and there is less than zero merit in any class action suggestions - the whole contract is on a best endeavours basis with no guarantees and there are delays industry wide at the moment. Media also likely won't help given there are industry wide supply issues at the moment.

Interestingly, the estimated delivery time on new model 3 orders has ticked down slightly, which must imply they are confident in improving supply to Aus. Perhaps the game plan is that once Giga Berlin and Giga Texas are fully up and running they can supply more of the European cars and that leaves more capacity in Shanghai to build for markets like ours?

A dud heading up Tesla Australia? No. Australia is simply not that important a market for Tesla. The country is negative on EV's, has restrictive taxes on the vehicles and it doesn't represent a great deal of revenue when compared to other markets. Getting stroppy at Tesla will have zero effect. I'd suggest that if you're getting upset then either cancel your order or just think about something else. If you wait, eventually you'll get a car that cost you far below the current market value.
Perfectly said.

Reactions: Lerxt and MozMan
Basically i know business. We operate in capitalism. Unless they have a solid commitment to customer service baked into their culture, which Tesla has most certainly now proven doesn't, if a business can get away with doing nothing, they'll do nothing. Same as if you can get a better price, you will.

In a business transaction it is effectively both sides that want more value out of any transaction. Being patient seems like it might pay off, but so far it hasn't for anyone. In essence; Tesla doesn't care about you.

No, i mean all of us not taking their lack of information as an answer and asking to go up the line perhaps. Applying pressure somehow. Not waiting patiently basically. And perhaps, with the lack of representation from Tesla Australia, somehow creating that representation ourselves. Email the board of directors? Google reviews? All give them 1 star and say we will change it if they build our cars? Draw media attention? Twitter?
I am sure most vehicles that are built in Shanghai would be difficult to get.

It is very unlikely that anything we do on our end will improve wait times. Management will just reassure they are doing everything they can and there is less than zero merit in any class action suggestions - the whole contract is on a best endeavours basis with no guarantees and there are delays industry wide at the moment. Media also likely won't help given there are industry wide supply issues at the moment.

Interestingly, the estimated delivery time on new model 3 orders has ticked down slightly, which must imply they are confident in improving supply to Aus. Perhaps the game plan is that once Giga Berlin and Giga Texas are fully up and running they can supply more of the European cars and that leaves more capacity in Shanghai to build for markets like ours?
They are still held to Australian consumer regulations. Class action would lose but fair trading could give them a bit of a kick in the pants. Solely on the basis that RHDs have been available and have been given to people ahead in the queue.

Reactions: rtvanda
Jeez, some over inflated opinions of our own importance here. We've paid an order fee and go in the queue. Leadtime in most other countries are not dissimilar to ours if you start looking at allocations, total orders and sales rates of increase. Our problem seems to stem more from the exponentially growing order rate thats messed up forward order predictions which is how everything is calculated. I look at the huge effort Tesla seem to expending on expanding production lines in what is a very difficult environment and think they are probably doing better than most other vehicle manufacturers. You can't even buy a Ring Corolla without a 6 month lead-time .....

I mean getting shunted twice in a row plus a failure to make enough in Q1 seems to point to a lack of representation made from the "ROW" or Australian head. And certainly going the other way down the line there has been an obvious lack of action. No communication to either shopfront staff or customers at all. It's even obvious from the varying reports of what SAs have told the small percentage of people in here that they haven't even bothered to provide them with a script or bothered to present a united front. We have SAs telling us they weren't informed of Model Y being released, they just got swamped one day. Elon was even surprised by demand, indicating he wasn't adequately briefed either.

All points to someone at the top of the Australian arm being crap at their job.

I am sure they have meetings. I am sure someone can pipe up and say "Hey! British customers have only been waiting 3 months. Maybe our market could do with some cars.".

How does Britain offer a more profitable sale on a car? They aren't part of the EU.

Shut up or give up is the worst strategy ever. Not sure what your reasoning is there. And i never said anything about getting stroppy. It's business. You apply pressure and ask where your order is up to. You've never worked in procurement, have you. Also sounds a lot like the above Tesla upper management staff member's strategy i just described. Shut up or give up.

It’s got nothing to do with who’s at the top of Tesla Australia. I explained before that Australia is a tiny, insignificant market. Restrictive tax and EV policies, most of the public is anti EV. A tiny population.

Britain has 3 times the population of Australia and they promote EV purchases and usage.

There is NOTHING you can do to alter Tesla’s car delivery policies and priorities. Nothing. I saw this sort of talk in 2013/4 when I bought my first Model S. I saw it with the non autopilot cars after ap was introduced. Being loud and indignant didn’t help people then either.

They are still held to Australian consumer regulations. Class action would lose but fair trading could give them a bit of a kick in the pants. Solely on the basis that RHDs have been available and have been given to people ahead in the queue.
What consumer regulations are Tesla breaking? The answer is none. Tesla can give cars to whoever they want.

Reactions: MozMan
I read somewhere (tried to find the link but was unable) that EV manufacturers received €3,000 per vehicle from Europe. If that is the case it is a business decision.

Although this is a year ago unless we are there, we do not know what is happening.

Also, we do not know what restrictions the Chinese Gov has put on Tesla to supply locally.

Im not suggesting they have, but what I am saying is we do not know.

It’s got nothing to do with who’s at the top of Tesla Australia. I explained before that Australia is a tiny, insignificant market. Restrictive tax and EV policies, most of the public is anti EV. A tiny population.

Britain has 3 times the population of Australia and they promote EV purchases and usage.

There is NOTHING you can do to alter Tesla’s car delivery policies and priorities. Nothing. I saw this sort of talk in 2013/4 when I bought my first Model S. I saw it with the non autopilot cars after ap was introduced. Being loud and indignant didn’t help people then either.
Who is being loud and indignant, captain CAPSLOCK? I'm talking about asking Tesla some questions. People are allowed to disagree with you.

I read somewhere (tried to find the link but was unable) that EV manufacturers received €3,000 per vehicle from Europe. If that is the case it is a business decision.

Although this is a year ago unless we are there, we do not know what is happening.

Also, we do not know what restrictions the Chinese Gov has put on Tesla to supply locally.

Im not suggesting they have, but what I am saying is we do not know.
The UK isn't the European Union. It's the UK. That whole Brexit chestnut.