Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone thinking about taking out a novated lease, while we wait for the Labor policy to remove FBT from EV leasing, we got word today from our leasing company, the interest rate or underlying finance (provided by Angle Finance) will increase from 7.6% to 9.1%.

Not sure what this means for out of pocket value of a lease without FBT (after Labor policy is legislated) vs. Macquarie / Pepper / Plenti, but it's certain that everything is going up, so lock those rates in as early as you can!

Reactions: Gokk and Hoopyfrood
why? different car, different production line.
Same shipping capacity. Same Australian support staff. But sure, whatever fits above the maximum production for the queue waiting for much longer, knock yourselves out!

But i would expect the longer queue should be given shipping and processing priority. Or an increase be made to capacity for shipping and Australian staff. Basically Tesla should ensure the brand new Y orders don't impact the long outstanding 3 orders in my opinion.

Though that may happen naturally with the Y line offline from tomorrow. Lets just hope they pick up Aus production on the 4th.

Last edited:
Same shipping capacity. Same Australian support staff. But sure, whatever fits above the maximum production for the queue waiting for much longer, knock yourselves out!

But i would expect the longer queue should be given shipping and processing priority. Or an increase be made to capacity for shipping and Australian staff. Basically Tesla should ensure the brand new Y orders don't impact the long outstanding 3 orders in my opinion.

Though that may happen naturally with the Y line offline from tomorrow. Lets just hope they pick up Aus production on the 4th.
yeah it is what It is. Im waiting on one too and it is strange to be getting our Y before our M3LR that we ordered 6 months prior.

For Aus i am thinking Clara for these VINs and maybe a couple thousand or so more on the 5th, 6th and 7th. And yep, Paganella for NZ. Then hopefully Viking Passama for anything after 7 July (ish) which might be chockers with 3s given the Y line is down.

Action packed ship watching week next week!

Unless these vins are here already. We got Passama and Crystal skulking about off the coast currently.

Anyone thinking about taking out a novated lease, while we wait for the Labor policy to remove FBT from EV leasing, we got word today from our leasing company, the interest rate or underlying finance (provided by Angle Finance) will increase from 7.6% to 9.1%.

Not sure what this means for out of pocket value of a lease without FBT (after Labor policy is legislated) vs. Macquarie / Pepper / Plenti, but it's certain that everything is going up, so lock those rates in as early as you can!
I am on Novated Lease. Haven't heard from mine. Yours is very transparent.

The FBT policy in my opinion will be implemented retrospectively from July 1. May be legislated in Sep/Oct.

Irrespective of the interest rate difference, if you go for a short term 1-3 yrs it will be ahead. For longer term periods, Pepper etc should work out better.

For Aus i am thinking Clara for these VINs and maybe a couple thousand or so more on the 5th, 6th and 7th. And yep, Paganella for NZ. Then hopefully Viking Passama for anything after 7 July (ish) which might be chockers with 3s given the Y line is down.

Action packed ship watching week next week!

Unless these vins are here already. We got Passama and Crystal skulking about off the coast currently.
That will be brilliant. If that means early August for me, will be great

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
That will be brilliant. If that means early August for me, will be great
August to September probably. From what i gather it's a couple to a few weeks for everything to get trucked places. That all fits nicely into the August to September timeframe i have seen being mentioned about the place though. Also don't take what i say as gospel, i could be way off!

This is all assuming they pick up Aus production after the close down and aren't just doing a PR exercise of sorts. If they don't pick back up, we all collapse into a face melting nightmare scenario!

Reactions: PcS000
August to September probably. From what i gather it's a couple to a few weeks for everything to get trucked places. That all fits nicely into the August to September timeframe i have seen being mentioned about the place though. Also don't take what i say as gospel, i could be way off!

This is all assuming they pick up Aus production after the close down and aren't just doing a PR exercise of sorts. If they don't pick back up, we all collapse into a face melting nightmare scenario!
You are right. Below is the response from Tesla guy to my lease contact.

"But we do anticipate delivery to be in the next Quarter roughly August / September timeframe"

Nice one!

I think the SA gets notified at the same time as it becomes official in your account.

General advice seems to be to get payment prepared but make it a few days before delivery date. Some suggest making a $1 payment to verify that your details are correct etc. You're ahead of me in the process but I believe the next step is receiving an invoice and estimated delivery date range, and after that you'll receive an SMS to pick the delivery (collection) date/time.
I’ve done a $1 test payment and it appeared as a credit to my account the follow day. I still don’t have an actual final invoice but you can commence to pre pay the balance anyway 👍😁

Still no official VIN on my login page. Just in the source code.

For those that have received, do you get notification to check your app/account, or is it just pot luck you did check? I don't normally look at the app, too depressing, so if there is something there to do, I'll probably not see it for a while....
No actual notification, I just happened to log into my Tesla app, a daily habit just to “check”!

I saw a notification for “Action Required “. Followed the link to login via a browser and it all happened from there!

Reactions: rtvanda and Redrum
Better profit margin?
Spare capacity on the production line now that Berlin is servicing the EU means that it's a new queue.

The fact that you can't schedule a delivery of Y from Chatswood (M3 only) indicates that they are conscious of getting the maximum flow through of 3 deliveries.

As an aside, got talking to a colleague today who was lamenting that they ordered a car in November that was meant to be February, then June, now pushed out to October. What car? A Volvo XC40 EV.

Bit disappointing there’ve been no large numbers of VINs since Tuesday. 😔
My experience has been that it happens in spurts over weeks. The cars are usually built over a couple days (we'll be able to confirm the build dates once people start getting their invoices) so build run has likely already been done before the shutdown. The positive is that they did a build run out of the usual sequence for AU before the shutdown.

For the VIN assignment I can easily imagine that it's one person that needs to log into a system to do it manually amongst their many other jobs, and that they've got a few weeks to get through it because the cars are still in Shanghai or just have left and on the water.