Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so by that rationale - the M3 production line is running at less than full capacity because they are producing more MY's? that doesn't make sense.
Zoom out. It's not just about production! Those cars have to be delivered. Shipped. Processed. Capacity at the delivery centre. Numbers of car carriers at either end.

In my woolies example you are saying "But they come from a different fridge! Why u mad?"

The fridge isn't the issue. It's the queue to check out.

Eh. We're discussing deliveries of Model 3s. I'm in a fine mood! If anything this has solidified i didn't need a break last time. Q4 orderers have been screwed and they deserve recognition. Good vibes only isn't conducive to establishing what's going on.
Yea I have figured I have already waited soo long, another 1-2 months wont hurt.

Still not as long as the wait on the Sorento Gt Line we had on order. Ordered May last year. Still no ETA

Yea I have figured I have already waited soo long, another 1-2 months wont hurt.

Still not as long as the wait on the Sorento Gt Line we had on order. Ordered May last year. Still no ETA
Even if you got the VIN today you'd still be waiting another 6 weeks or so.

Ah well, we will see what the next few weeks bring.
And if Wu Wa's videos continue at the same cadence, then tomorrow (ish) there will be another video dated 1/6/2022 and we can have a look around the plant during shutdown. Hopefully see a car park full of M3 RHDs in assorted colours (but mainly white because AU).

Either way, back to waiting and making stuff up based on less than 1% evidence :) Except the Tesla bad at comms. That part is 100% evidence.

Last edited:

Sure. And if you're happy waiting that's cool.

But i think suppliers who are ridiculously late while delivering to others need a kick in the pants. And i think that's likely a view Tesla themselves agree with.

Even if you got the VIN today you'd still be waiting another 6 weeks or so.

Ah well, we will see what the next few weeks bring.
And if Wu Wa's videos continue at the same cadence, then tomorrow (ish) there will be another video dated 1/6/2022 and we can have a look around the plan during shutdown. Hopefully see a car park full of M3 RHDs in assorted colours (but mainly white because AU).

Either way, back to waiting and making stuff up based on less than 1% evidence :) Except the Tesla bad at comms. That part is 100% evidence.
Ha! True. All of this could be resolved with a single bulk email outlining plans (providing that email isn't bumping us again).

Ha! True. All of this could be resolved with a single bulk email outlining plans (providing that email isn't bumping us again).
The radio silence is (IMO) the most frustrating part.

How hard is it to send an email with *some* clarification? Not every detail, but just enough that people have a rough (but realistic) idea of when their cars might actually come, so they aren't stuck in limbo land, ie. "will it / won't it arrive this quarter?"

Because Model 3s are extremely late and we think (and so should Y orderers) that the longest waiting customer should be served first (on average of course - 1 or 2 isn't an issue, but when it becomes en masse, it becomes an issue). It's not irrational.
Separate models, separate lines, same as any other car manufacturer.
If these Ys hadn't have gone to Australia they would have gone to other markets.

If anything it's more impacted Y buyers in UK, China etc.
Essentially Tesla has reserved some Q3 and Q4 production as though people placed orders back in December or March.

So it's more those who jumped in quickly should see themselves as fortunate.