Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
Drove a MY RWD demo yesterday and was quite surprised by the firmness of the suspension.
I mean, horrified actually.

Interested in thoughts on this, esp' from the likes of Froopyhood

Can we write a group letter to Elon?
I mean, seriously: can we
I can’t understand all these “suspension to stiff/harsh” comments. I’ve had my M3P with the stiffest suspension and the 20” wheels for 3 weeks now, and it’s just right, or in fact, perfect.
In my opinion, anything softer would feel like a blancmange around corners and wallow over undulations.

They'll arrive when they'll arrive. No amounts of gnashing of one's teeth or "demanding to speak to Tesla's manager" is going to make a difference.

Shower thought this morning. It rubs me the wrong way seeing people getting genuinely upset that their $60-$100K luxury car is taking a long time to get to them. In the grand scheme, such a first world problem. For perspective, if this is the worst thing to happen to us this year then it's a pretty darned good year as things go.

It's okay to be disappointed, but if that goes beyond "oh no. Anyway..." then people need their perspective fixed.

I can’t understand all these “suspension to stiff/harsh” comments. I’ve had my M3P with the stiffest suspension and the 20” wheels for 3 weeks now, and it’s just right, or in fact, perfect.
In my opinion, anything softer would feel like a blancmange around corners and wallow over undulations.
True.
Every vehicle is a compromise (especially in the suspension).
The old 2F Landcruiser that I used to own would beat a Ferrari if I got to choose the course.
You choose what is important to you and live with the rest of the things that don't perfectly suit.

Hey all,
Drove a MY RWD demo yesterday and was quite surprised by the firmness of the suspension.
I mean, horrified actually.

Interested in thoughts on this, esp' from the likes of Froopyhood

Can we write a group letter to Elon?
I mean, seriously: can we?
I watched this the other day/week about the Berlin Model Y’s. Granted this car is the Performance but it seems they’re tweaking the suspension for the Berlin made Y’s. He starts talking about the suspension around the 1min point and then drives it around 9:30min.