Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, that order tracker you can fill out yourself.

I took a copy several days back and have been adding info from the forum (starting about 15 pages back) when people post their order details or put it in their signature.

Advantage - not everyone puts into the tracker or updates when their status changes
Disadvantage - I miss some stuff

Everything is based on what people have said on this public forum. So lots of orders we never see (looking at you lurkers - always read, never post :) ) and others that never get online about their order.
Newbie here, how do I access the order tracker again?

Having been on this forum for a while now I have watched the “cycles” of oldies and newbies posts. And have come up with the 7 stages of owning a Tesla.

The 7 Stages of owning a Tesla.

1. Dreaming - this is where a person is thinking about purchasing a Tesla. It often involves visiting a showroom and meeting an extremely helpful Sales Assistant who explains how simple it is to buy a Tesla. And in as little as 14-20 weeks you can have your own. The Dreaming stage can take months, and is seen as one of the more enjoyable stages.

2. Commitment - It often is done in private, and is relatively quick.

3. Love - Once the commitment has been made, the SA and Tesla send emails and call quite regularly. Some people developed a strong bond with their SA. This relationship will be put to the test in Stage 5.

4. Accessories - this stage has been known to appear early in some cases. In rare cases is can appear before stage one. It is also likely to keep appearing between stages five and six. Some people will do this in secret and hide it from their significant other due to the excessive amount of purchases made.

5. Abandonment - this stage sometimes is called going a little “Hoopy” It is where the person becomes increasingly annoyed with the complete lack of communication with Tesla. The previously helpful SA from Stage 3 is now no longer around. If a person is at this stage it is wise to point them towards recovery groups such as “Model 3 waiting room” forums.

6. Knowledge - this stage involves the accumulation of knowledge about shipping schedules, and forklift movements. Some also become web decoders and try and decipher the meaning of “VIN allocation”. Others become fixated with spreadsheets and finding hidden patterns in build dates. Others search through video footage to source information. Stage 5 and 6 are the longest stages and a person will find themselves slipping back and forth between the two of them. Occasional even falling back to Stage 4.

7. Smugness - the final stage. This stage is obtained by a lucky few. It begins with the discovery of a hidden VIN. It has been know to take anywhere between 6 to 9 months to reach stage 7. But it a finally obtained when the person sits behind the wheel of their new Tesla. It is said that once stage 7 is reached people forget about the previous stages.
Love it! I’d slot this in between 6 & 7.

6a. Slight Jealously - as VINs are allocated, invoices received and estimate delivery dates are given, those still waiting (especially those whose order dates are around those who have posted their updates) are thinking “What about me? It isn’t fair, I’ve had had enough and I want my Tesla”. They’re also happy for those who have had these dates harden…but there’s still that hint of the “Green-eyed monster” in the background, and that ever present hope that they’ll be in the next round.

With all these VINs coming through we might have to start paying Ormaus a wage. Going to be a busy day today.
All good. Am painting a door this weekend. 1 coat undercoat side 1, wait 2 hours, 1 coat undercoat side 2, wait 2 hours, 1 coat white paint side 1, wait 2 hours, etc 2 coats with lots of 2 hours to do other things like forums.

VINs for everyone was a nice thing to get on my birthday :)

While we are seeing some people I dont have in the order list (either posted details before I started collecting, have never posted or I just missed it) tell us about VINs, we're also seeing the existing list fill up nicely.

Hoping to hear good news from the following people soon:
@CompleteMuppit
@Redrum
@SYDNEYPSYCHO
@Joe__B

(Perth excluded from this screenshot as they are special and got some love recently)
1657933000761.png

• Love
Reactions: CMTDad
At the moment it looks like just LR and P are being allocated.

Not enough build dates yet to make any further guesses about RWD.
Also another day or so of factory production until shutdown so who knows.
Hopefully the reason all the LR and P models are getting VINs lines up with those who have been waiting longest and not simply because that’s all they have built. It is concerning that the RWD EDDs were Aug-Nov though 😖

All good. Am painting a door this weekend. 1 coat undercoat side 1, wait 2 hours, 1 coat undercoat side 2, wait 2 hours, 1 coat white paint side 1, wait 2 hours, etc 2 coats with lots of 2 hours to do other things like forums.

VINs for everyone was a nice thing to get on my birthday :)
Happy Birthday & happy painting; hope a VIN comes your way soon!