Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 829924
I bought one of these. I had been looking at all the options out there, this one was a little cheaper (due it's basic nature) and easier to install (attaches to the ODB connector at the back of the centre console, instead of the gawd awful spot under the dash). It's also a little more discrete. It has that old school LED look, which I don't mind. However, it does sit in the air vent but on the plus side it can be moved. I also bought it through Aliexpress, so I am taking a bit of a chance on it.
Looks okay, not sure if I want one yet. Depends if I can get used to glancing at the Tesla screen or if I need something like a standard car's instrument panel.

If I do go for it I'm thinking either of these
1658187569192.png
1658187594765.png

More info on the rectangular one but it looks a little - shall we say square? compare to the other one.

View attachment 829924
I bought one of these. I had been looking at all the options out there, this one was a little cheaper (due it's basic nature) and easier to install (attaches to the ODB connector at the back of the centre console, instead of the gawd awful spot under the dash). It's also a little more discrete. It has that old school LED look, which I don't mind. However, it does sit in the air vent but on the plus side it can be moved. I also bought it through Aliexpress, so I am taking a bit of a chance on it.
I went all out and purchased this option:

instrument_cluster_5.jpg

It has been redone since the release of the Ryzen CPU and no longer connects to the MCU. It now connects to a spare CAN plug in the right side footwell of the driver and power is tapped from the 12V bolts on the HV battery penthouse under the right rear passenger seat. A very easy install.

If you order from EVOffer ensure you mention you need the version compatible with the Ryzen CPU which comes with the extra power tap cable. Otherwise you may get the older Intel MCU based connection which is a PIA.

Power comes from the penthouse on the HV battery:

Penthouse layout.jpg

Last edited:
I think you are in with a realistic shout of a VIN this year, I expect April 30 orders would be quietly hopeful with the amount of February orders that have cleared out so far...and you're only a day off April...do definitely stick with the glass half full 🤞
you could be right. EDD changed from 6-9 months to 9-12 months somewhere between 28/4 and 2/5. I was watching closely around that time. so VIN for the orders around those dates can possibly come in this year

I went all out and purchased this option:

View attachment 829929

It has been redone since the release of the Ryzen CPU and no longer connects to the MCU. It now connects to a spare CAN plug in the right side footwell of the driver and power is tapped from the 12V bolts on the HV battery penthouse under the right rear passenger seat. A very easy install.

Looks niiiice. That's officially on my list now. I was worried about the ryzen install differences but doesn't sound too bad

Reactions: Ormaus and zarbs
Looks niiiice. That's officially on my list now. I was worried about the ryzen install differences but doesn't sound too bad
EVOffer are based in HK and offer support via Telegram. Their support has been timely and easy to understand. The tech will usually send his replies as a voice recording. I also have their powered frunk kit to install as well. The gauges fit a Y as well. The penthouse data connector in the second pic needs to be disconnected during install. This takes power down to the whole car. It is also a fail safe method of resetting the car should a reboot fail to fix an issue (Tesla in the Gong has a YT video that explains the process). The dials come with an install manual but you need to magnify it to read as the manual fits in the palm of your hand.

Reactions: Silver Xu
I don't know why this timeframe keeps getting repeated here. It matches no pattern of any recent allocations
True, the allocations for the past ten or so days have typically started in the early hours of the morning. My allocation happened at 3.30am last Saturday morning. Others I communicate with have similar allocation times in early morning when we're sleeping.

Re the need for a speedo directly in front of the driver - years ago I owned a Nissan X-Trail with centrally mounted instruments.

It was no harder to check these than an instrument cluster in the usual place, you quickly get used to dropping your gaze at a slight angle.

When I test drove the Model 3, I had no problem reading the speedo or using the screen. If you think you may need an accessory speedo, try the car without one for a while before opening your wallet.

I have a partner who baulks at the centre screen so went with this to get her across the line for the purchase. To each his own. There are many owners who want CarPlay which Elon refuses to support so these additions are the only method to gain that functionality. The hack to add CarPlay to the centre screen is not an option for most unless you are OK with programming and connecting to Raspberry Pi and other bits.