Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm Melbourne, my date has been changed twice... most recently brought forward by nearly 3 weeks from 19th Aug to 1st Aug. Thats just a week away, so hoping the window will start to narrow soon (still 2 weeks).

Called my bank yesterday, confirmed I can only transfer 20k a day... or make a manual request through paperwork which would take... 3 to 5 days 😂 Hope I get enough days notice to pay it off before pickup day!
Open a new account at a place with higher withdrawal limit, physically withdrawal the cash and walk across the road to the other bank and deposit. Then arrange transfer of more than the 20k / day limit? Annoying but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Had a similar problem getting a transfer sorted for a house deposit for an auction win - bank wanted forms and red tape, I had a deadline.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Several people seem to be reporting that Tesla is bringing their EDD forward by a couple of weeks. Has anyone figured out the criteria or cut off for this?

My EDD is currently August 24 - September 5, but I have a road trip planned (long ago) starting on August 24 😞.
I would not ever rely on the EDD. They are often inaccurate, and there are too many delays still to come.

When I picked mine up in Brisbane, they gave me as long as I wanted to inspect the car.
I had an app on the phone that listed all the things I should check, which I did.
My mate had the same experience, take as long as you want.

When I ordered, the rego docs Tesla supplied asked if I had personal plates (which I did). I filled in all the forms required, dropped the plates into the Brisbane showroom, and when I picked the car up from Hendra, they were fitted, and had number plate covers already on them.

Brisbane delivery team FTW
I dropped mine in to Tesla Brisbane months ago and all documentation had the personalized plate numbers so I think they will “make it”.

I dropped mine in to Tesla Brisbane months ago and all documentation had the personalized plate numbers so I think they will “make it”.
I think the problem in NSW is with Service NSW (formerly RMS (formally RTA)) in that you can only collect the plates from their office where they are stored if you are placing them on a vehicle. You must supply the vehicle details (existing rego) and pay the relevant fees. Alternately, a dealer can be authorised to collect from their storage site and they charge you for the fees and pass them on. If they're not on a vehicle they have to be in storage with Service NSW and, of course, there is a fee related to this storage as well as a maximum period they can be stored for that fee before you pay again. Not something Tesla wants to get embroiled in tying up a staff member just doing runs to the local office to get your plates. Like all NSW dealers they keep a stock of new plates for allocation and everything is completed electronically so the easiest avenue for them.

Reactions: cafz and axelfair89
On the bright side Morning clara is 2 hours from brisbane so congratulations to all receiving cars on this ship in brisbane.
Looks like it doesn't actually dock until Thursday though (row 2 below). Just going to hang out until then.

1658637396602.png

Reactions: trippa
Open a new account at a place with higher withdrawal limit, physically withdrawal the cash and walk across the road to the other bank and deposit. Then arrange transfer of more than the 20k / day limit? Annoying but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Its an online only bank, so physically withdrawing _is_ bank transfer. Also, its in my offset so the aim really is to keep it in that account until the last possible minute.

But its all good, I'm sure I'll get four or five days notice for one of the available pickup slots 🤞

Now I'm jealous. Same original EDD, but mine hasn't changed.
I do not think it is a secret, but it seems that Tesla EDDs are as rubbery as a politician's promise. We ordered an LR on the same day, have a car built on the same day, for delivery in the same place... there's at least 50 ways we could end up with delivery two weeks apart ;)
I will believe it when I have a 10-minute delivery window.

Reactions: CompleteMuppit
Just wondering, what is the theoretical minimum amount of time between receiving an EDD and the actual date of delivery?
The EDD being like a rubbery promise is accurate, it's a two week window so that in itself gives you some indication of how much it can vary.

However in order to try to answer your question from another perspective, in my experience you'll get an SMS around a week prior to your car arriving at the delivery centre. The SMS will let you book in your delivery date and time around 7-8 days away, and expect a limited amount of options.

If you need more than a week's notice, consider joining Vedaprime's service as in my experience he's let me know 24 hours prior to the SMS that my car had been booked to leave Port Kembla.