Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the late reply, I only just got the notification. These do look quite dark but I think because of how the light bounces off the texture they look more like a charcoal colour. I think when installed they'll look really good, and the texture gives them a premium feel. Here's a photo with a moderately lit room against light tiles:View attachment 837321
Thanks for all the feedback on the mats , they do look good. Do you have any idea if the trunk, or frunk mats look as good?
hope you get a car for your birthday 👍

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Just wondering if when people who recently got vins used the URL https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders to check for a vin did they have the year field in the response filled in saying 2022 before the vin was allocated?

Mine is blank and it kind of makes me nervous when I have a room full of accessories that fit the 2022 Model 3 that they are leaving it open that it might be a slight variation with a 2023 model that they deliver (and who knows what small changes they might make). I'm pretty sure my mid Feb order will come this year but Tesla generally make tweaks between 3rd and 4th quarter from what I've seen.

It has fields like the following which indicate that it's a Model 3 for Australia and my order number (redacted), etc, etc but year is "" which I'd think means it's undetermined at this point in time:
"year":"","model":"m3","vin":"","rn":"RNxxxxxxxxx","countryCode":"AU","imageUrl":...

It's probably blank for everyone, but just curious if others have seen it have a value prior to the vin allocation.
Got my VIN yesterday has 2022

Any feedback on double sided taping (outdoor strength tape) number plates on the 3? I have new plates without holes and I don't think the Tesla peeps will want to drill holes, and I thought a clean look would be nice. Front and rear seem to have plastic mounting plates so pain damage isn't a concern. Thoughts/experiences?

What good fortune!

Any chance you could let us know your build date? Should be on your invoice - that will help nail down cancellation or very special post M3 upgrade build ;)
Hi Ormaus,

Apologies for the delay - had my 4th COVID-19 shot and it has sidelined me for two days...had no significant issues with the first 3!

According to the final invoice, the Build Date is: 14/07/22.

Thanks again Ormaus, for all that you do for us. 🙇‍♂️

VIN allocation list updated with some lucky people.

Hi, first post / reply, and no doubt a stupid newbie question. How do the VINs get allocated, just by order date, sequentially, or loads of other factors? I notice the list you posted (and thanks for that) has order dates from late last year to mid this year, but probably only a fraction of the total backlog.

I ordered a M3 LR, Blue on White on the 29th of April. Not heard anything from Tesla yet though, so assuming it’s still going to be a long wait. When I ordered the wait was listed as 9-12 months.

Thanks

Any feedback on double sided taping (outdoor strength tape) number plates on the 3? I have new plates without holes and I don't think the Tesla peeps will want to drill holes, and I thought a clean look would be nice. Front and rear seem to have plastic mounting plates so pain damage isn't a concern. Thoughts/experiences?
From other owners with personal plates Tesla has a template that they drill the holes in the plates to fit during pre-delivery. You just need to drop them to your pickup location or SA for them to do the work. I believe some locations even supply licence plate protectors with the Tesla logo.

Hi Ormaus,

Apologies for the delay - had my 4th COVID-19 shot and it has sidelined me for two days...had no significant issues with the first 3!

According to the final invoice, the Build Date is: 14/07/22.

Thanks again Ormaus, for all that you do for us. 🙇‍♂️
Ouch. 💉

Awesome, very lucky! A cancellation moved you forward! You should buy a lottery ticket ;)

I'm guessing that only having it taped on might make it easier for them to be stolen.