Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering what was wrong with your link, having it end in 'My ASP.NET Application'... I checked and that's what's actually in the website title.

Maybe they had some uni students build it as part of their course. Real professional stuff!!
I mean it's a government website. I'd be surprised if it wasn't done by some poor unpaid intern.

Guys. I had a question for the people booking their delivery dates.

Can you only book a delivery date once you are in the EDD period or can you book before you enter the EDD period?
Being in the EDD doesn't mean much tbh... it'll keep moving, around like mine.

You'll eventually get a SMS with a link to a page in your Tesla account with a calendar to choose a date and time. I had two dates I could choose from and about five time slots on either of those dates.

Now I'm in the last stage of anticipation... how am I gonna get through the next week waiting for an actual specific date to arrive. It feels like I'm a kid again, waiting for my birthday or Christmas 😂

Curious as to what your mates dislike about them. I've only done the one test drive and absolutely loved the car but obviously a single short drive doesn't really paint a good picture of what it's like to own one.

I won't go too hard at the car here due to many people being excited for it and waiting and such, plus hopefully I'll like it when I have it, but basically they get annoyed by beeps, boops, chimes happening what feels like constantly while you're driving, and get annoyed by software problems like freezing screens, cruise control not working when you want it to, phantom braking, auto windscreen wipers going crazy in no rain or not turning on when it does rain and lots of little things which all add up, especially when you've paid 80k+ for the car. One mate calls his Beta as the car to him just feels like a software beta test.

It will be a great car for my wife in 12 months time when I'm done, but she is currently shopping for a V8 Nissan Patrol or Dodge Ram so I'm not sure if it's really down her interest line.

Reactions: ImprovKnife
So, you gave me another website to obssesively start checking. Nothing was showing up earlier today (as late as 5pm), but I've just checked it again and the car is now on there. So something happened today!

I therefore assume that my earlier assumption about it being on the Viking Passama was correct, and that now they've been offloaded and processed. Hopefully someone can put it on a truck and start driving north!!!
That's great, now I'm off to check😅

My only annoyance now is that I'm a mid December LR order and that there is Model Ys getting delivered first in Melbourne.

In the end the extra wait time had a bonus of sneaking into the new novated lease FBT rules once they come in.

My love for Tesla due to the whole process is completely gone, and has been for a while. Probably totally went when I wasn't even contacted to tell me there were no cars getting delivered last quarter. I really hope the car is good to salvage a little bit of sweetness in the end.
As one of the first to go through the extended wait period’ (8-12 weeks that became 7-1/2 months) I can tell you that you totally forget about it once you have the car.
My M3P delights and impresses my every time I get in it.
OD: 06/11/2021
DD: 18/06/2022

I won't go too hard at the car here due to many people being excited for it and waiting and such, plus hopefully I'll like it when I have it, but basically they get annoyed by beeps, boops, chimes happening what feels like constantly while you're driving, and get annoyed by software problems like freezing screens, cruise control not working when you want it to, phantom braking, auto windscreen wipers going crazy in no rain or not turning on when it does rain and lots of little things which all add up, especially when you've paid 80k+ for the car. One mate calls his Beta as the car to him just feels like a software beta test.

It will be a great car for my wife in 12 months time when I'm done, but she is currently shopping for a V8 Nissan Patrol or Dodge Ram so I'm not sure if it's really down her interest line.
Good insights.

My dad was complaining about the key chime in his ford ranger - it was driving him into the trough of disillusionment - so I plugged the diagnostic software in and turned it off for him.

Going for a drive in my mates’s M3 is the reason I ordered mine, I wasnt in the market for a car.. I was looking ahead a few years - had my eye on a Ram or hoping maybe one day Ford brings the F-150 to AU.

The engine in my Pajero blew earlier in the year - when I get around to fixing it, it’ll go back to being the tourer and the M3 will be the daily (if I end up buying it)

It’s the acceleration for me - that’s what I’ve signed up for.

I know right! Some times multiple beeps going on at once! Just wait till you're reversing out of a parking lot - beeping because (1) shrub very close to front of car, (2) car close on left/right side, (3) a kid still fiddling with seat belt (4) reversing and (5) car approaching from behind and to the side at speed - deafening! And when the screen freezes I have to stop the car. Put in park. Turn it off and back on again. So annoying. Cruise control kinda works but the buttons are not intuitive - if you fiddle it works okay but not what I expect. Had phantom slow down but not braking. Auto windscreen wipers sometimes go crazy if I've left the car out. I have to wait till they have wiped the frost a few times and turn them off for a while before I turn them back to auto. The auto headlights seem to turn on under bridges sometimes and on and off when going into or out of a well lit garage.

Wait 80k+? Man that must be the highest model Mazda CX-5. Ours was quite a bit cheaper - mid range.

Wait what are we talking about again?

Wait what are we talking about again?
Just because other cars can have similar issues doesn't invalidate Tesla's problems though. The auto wipers and auto headlights are known to be terrible, and it especially doesn't bode well when Vision based AP demands them:

I'll of course find out myself soon how they actually are and compare it to the existing cars I've driven. I've experienced the auto wipers in a current gen i30, and while it may sometimes be delayed in reacting to changes in rain intensity, I've yet to see it start wiping at nothing. I also regularly use radar cruise in a current gen XC60, it has never phantom braked but it does sometimes lose track of the lanes (so I'm expecting Tesla to beat them here).

Just because other cars can have similar issues doesn't invalidate Tesla's problems though. The auto wipers and auto headlights are known to be terrible, and it especially doesn't bode well when Vision based AP demands them:

I'll of course find out myself soon how they actually are and compare it to the existing cars I've driven. I've experienced the auto wipers in a current gen i30, and while it may sometimes be delayed in reacting to changes in rain intensity, I've yet to see it start wiping at nothing. I also regularly use radar cruise in a current gen XC60, it has never phantom braked but it does sometimes lose track of the lanes (so I'm expecting Tesla to beat them here).
I don’t know where this “auto lights are terrible” comes from.
Mine work great, dip when there’s an oncoming vehicle, go back up when it has passed.
They also dip when there are highly reflective signs where there is a risk of being blinded by the reflection.
They are 100% better than the auto lights in the many BMWs I’ve owned.

True, but these problems are hardly new for the current generation of any car.

By all means expect more, but dont expect changing car manufacturer will magically make these problems go away.

I don’t know where this “auto lights are terrible” comes from.
Mine work great, dip when there’s an oncoming vehicle, go back up when it has passed.
They also dip when there are highly reflective signs where there is a risk of being blinded by the reflection.
They are 100% better than the auto lights in the many BMWs I’ve owned.
That's genuinely good to hear. I've mostly heard negative things about it so far, and Bjorn's video didn't give me much confidence either. If there's a chance that it's all okay then that's one less issue to worry about.

By all means expect more, but dont expect changing car manufacturer will magically make these problems go away.
Nah not expecting to magically be problem free just from changing cars, but I don't want to see excuses being made for Tesla either just because the problem exists with other brands. Ideally I'd like the issue to not exist for any car brand, so bringing awareness is a good thing.

I've only seen the "wipers turn on when there's no rain" happen when the windscreen is grotty.
I have wondered how much of the issue is dirty glass in front of the camera.

In many wham bam Tesla cam videos the clip is very blurry and long lens flare type lines coming from light sources. You have to assume in vision only cars a blurry camera feed is going to affect the quality of automated services.

I know I’ll be polishing that section of my windshield often with a micro fibre cloth.
I have the same issue now with the reversing camera on my current car. Giving it a clean basically turns it from 480p to 1080p and is much easier to see hazards.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus

Well for once I'm glad my hearing's shot. 🤣 Regardless, if the sound system is as good as people say it is, I highly doubt I'll hear anything over my music. The other issues I can deal with I reckon. I had every intention of manually controlling the wipers and I hardly ever use cruise control. Doesn't excuse the faults but if those are the only complaints I think it'll be fine overall. Really my monkey brain just wants to hit a pedal and go fast.

Saw the video and it is terrible but actually not a deal breaker. Auto beam is great and actually works great in my Kia Sportage but eventually used few days a year. Auto Wipers have always been a hit and miss and it's easier to turn it on and off manually.

It is still bizarre that they do not get that right

Reactions: Maximillan and Miku