Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there instances where delivery SMSs are sent with a available pickup timeslots within less than 7 days?

In other words, if I haven't received the SMS and booked a time yet, is there any chance I could pick up the car this week? Need to make a decision on whether to travel for work this week, or next. Argh. Seems like plenty of other LRs being delivered in Canberra this week.

EDD 13/8 - 27/8. Pre-SMS received 10/8. Canberra

Ditto.

Reactions: BlueMagnolia
I’m hoping that with the upgrades that it wont be long now and there will be a lot more happy dancing going on. I was checking last night on the source page - I don’t have the Chrome extension - so doing an old fashioned refresh manually, anyway I noticed when I did the LRW search that when I usually get to the LR it would normally show 5 instances and last night it changed to 3, then an hour or so, back to 5, then back to 3. So I was hoping that was a sign. Turns out it was.
That's interesting, @Polarxp ... when I search my source code manually, it only shows 2 instances (for LR) and then when I add the W... nothing! Had yours always returned 5 instances for LR? I'm wondering if the number of instances is linked with the delivery timeline, in which case, mine probably has a while to go...

That's interesting, @Polarxp ... when I search my source code manually, it only shows 2 instances (for LR) and then when I add the W... nothing! Had yours always returned 5 instances for LR? I'm wondering if the number of instances is linked with the delivery timeline, in which case, mine probably has a while to go...
Deep breaths sparkles!!. the LRs & P's are cranking at the moment.. I'd say we're both due for news this week *MAYBE*.
Fingers crossed while stroking rabbits foot and rolling perfect d20s...

I can’t remember if it has always been 5, but more recently it was, then last night it kept changing.

• Helpful
Reactions: *Sparkles*
Oh okay damn. Can anyone confirm how many days before you get the delivery message?
I need to prepare myself before I leave for Gold Coast.
I think they try to give you a week notice.
Do you know where your car is? Has it landed in Australia (i.e. VIN on the Register of Approved Vehicles) and when?

I have the same window but still no delivery scheduling SMS for a Brisbane pickup. The car landed 11 Aug. I expect transit time to Sydney would be shorter than to Brisbane.

The terms in your order agreement give you 7 days to pick up from when they tell you the car will be available but realistically they need to have some flexibility to account for things like a COVID isolation and people getting on with their lives in the face of indefinite delays. Call them on Monday and explain the situation to see what can be done.

• Love
Reactions: Centrals
  • Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
I think they try to give you a week notice.
Do you know where your car is? Has it landed in Australia (i.e. VIN on the Register of Approved Vehicles) and when?

I have the same window but still no delivery scheduling SMS for a Brisbane pickup. The car landed 11 Aug. I expect transit time to Sydney would be shorter than to Brisbane.

The terms in your order agreement give you 7 days to pick up from when they tell you the car will be available but realistically they need to have some flexibility to account for things like a COVID isolation and people getting on with their lives in the face of indefinite delays. Call them on Monday and explain the situation to see what can be done.
Thanks for the information.

Yeah my car has already been updated on the RAV since 11/08/22.

I am expecting a delivery message tomorrow and hopefully they give me dates after 22 Aug because that's when I come back from Gold Coast.

Are there instances where delivery SMSs are sent with a available pickup timeslots within less than 7 days?

In other words, if I haven't received the SMS and booked a time yet, is there any chance I could pick up the car this week? Need to make a decision on whether to travel for work this week, or next. Argh. Seems like plenty of other LRs being delivered in Canberra this week.

EDD 13/8 - 27/8. Pre-SMS received 10/8. Canberra
I got my delivery text Friday evening and the only available pickup dates were Wednesday and Thursday next week. Less than a week out. Picked Wednesday as Thursday disappeared in a flash.