Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And believe me with so many ev companies on the rise, many will ditch teslas for something else, and now with all the ev fast chargers are being rolled out, tesla will suffer significantly(in Australia at least)if they stay like that.
Not only that, if their cars continue to have more software glitches than the other brands like they do now, they will suffer even more

Reactions: moa999 and Dany
You know, I emailed multiple councils about this. All except Wagga were very positive. Just strange that a city of that size has very little. Cooma, what 4-5 thousand people. 4-5 tesla superchargers and 3 chargefox superchargers? Hopefully, Tesla will come to the rescue 👍
I just went onto the Tesla Supercharger site and I just saw this…
207AA09E-8114-4960-B4E8-E02279039D92.jpeg

Reactions: Namrof
They've refused myself and others that option. If they did indeed do that for you, it's not something they are meant to have done
What were they not meant to do? Sorry it says 5.94% fixed rate on Macquarie Banks website (not 4.99%, thats variable) and 5.99% on Teslas website with the financing tool for Model 3. When I re-did my application it was at 3.99% so its locked in at that for the 90 days or whatever they allow.

Hi to all the people who are looking at finance options. I mentioned this hundreds of pages back. One option is to get your bank to do a home loan for your car. Yes, this can be done. NAB did it for us, it's the best rate but it had to be taken out over a shorter period. Ours 7 yrs. We did the variable rate, no early payout fees. Even has redraw if you are ahead. Once approved the money just went straight into our account and was just waiting there until the car needed to be paid for. Then we just paid cash out of our account, no finance registered against the car. You do have to start paying the loan off straight away but so what. You have to pay it off sometime anyway. The up side, we have paid off over 4k before we have got our car (which is today🎉). ONE thing, make sure you're a disciplined person who won't touch that money for any other reason. Otherwise, come the day to pay, the monies not there and you have a loan to pay off and now, no car 😅

Hi All - progress report now I have had the car for 5 days. It is sooo worth the wait - after having relatively nice cars for the last 10 years, this one is a different level.

We decided to go on a family trip up to Maleny from the Nth side of Brisbane to take it for a bit of a spin on the weekend. The drive up the mountain was unlike anything I have felt, the instant power and responsiveness was incredible.

Stopped off at the Maleny Bird World, just to have a place to aim for (was suprised at how good this was btw - even according to my two teenagers!). They actually have a couple of Tesla Destination Chargers in the carpark that are free. We did not use them as we had plenty of electrons to get back home, but did notice someone plug in for a quick top up whilst we were there.

Used the Autopilot (Cruise Control) and the Lane Following most of the way home and was very impressed at how well it handled the roadworks and relatively heavy Sunday afternoon M1 traffic coming from the coast. It was also very accurate moving from the different speed zones within the roadworks. Have had similar features on my last Mercedes, but this is next level.

Arrived home with 65% battery left and the whole family more in love with Alex (the debate to name the car is still ongoing but this is the front runner so far - my suggestion of KITT was shot down straight away and I put my foot down on Penelope!).

I know that the wait seems long, and the frustration can build, but once you drive out of the pick up centre, it just fades away. My 2 cents worth..

Hi All - progress report now I have had the car for 5 days. It is sooo worth the wait - after having relatively nice cars for the last 10 years, this one is a different level.

We decided to go on a family trip up to Maleny from the Nth side of Brisbane to take it for a bit of a spin on the weekend. The drive up the mountain was unlike anything I have felt, the instant power and responsiveness was incredible.

Stopped off at the Maleny Bird World, just to have a place to aim for (was suprised at how good this was btw - even according to my two teenagers!). They actually have a couple of Tesla Destination Chargers in the carpark that are free. We did not use them as we had plenty of electrons to get back home, but did notice someone plug in for a quick top up whilst we were there.

Used the Autopilot (Cruise Control) and the Lane Following most of the way home and was very impressed at how well it handled the roadworks and relatively heavy Sunday afternoon M1 traffic coming from the coast. It was also very accurate moving from the different speed zones within the roadworks. Have had similar features on my last Mercedes, but this is next level.

Arrived home with 65% battery left and the whole family more in love with Alex (the debate to name the car is still ongoing but this is the front runner so far - my suggestion of KITT was shot down straight away and I put my foot down on Penelope!).

I know that the wait seems long, and the frustration can build, but once you drive out of the pick up centre, it just fades away. My 2 cents worth..

More like "my $70,000 worth" :)

And believe me with so many ev companies on the rise, many will ditch teslas for something else, and now with all the ev fast chargers are being rolled out, tesla will suffer significantly(in Australia at least)if they stay like that.
Unlikely, Polestar in H1 delivered around 600 cars. Tesla did 4,000 more and can't get close to the demand from the consumer. Your friends got lucky if that 3 weeks delivery is true, I know a fleet customer that was quoted the standard delivery window for more than six units.

Not sure what fast chargers have to do with anything, that benefits Tesla too.

The ultimate truth of the matter is Tesla will retain a lead for years, they will only lose it when the bottom end of the market (that Tesla don't compete in) starts to get filled with Product (Toyota, GM, etc...).

Not sure what fast chargers have to do with anything, that benefits Tesla too.

The ultimate truth of the matter is Tesla will retain a lead for years, they will only lose it when the bottom end of the market (that Tesla don't compete in) starts to get filled with Product (Toyota, GM, etc...).

Is the truth. No one is supplying Australia with more EVs in the next several years than tesla will. Those that could (if focused) will be supplying Europe etc

The P2 is not a mass market vehicle, they are looking at 40-50k a year. Thats Model S territory

As for software problems the P2 has many (as does Porsche/VW, MachE etc etc), just check the owners forums, you just hear about tesla's relatively minor faults a lot more because tesla gets clicks.

Hey what happened to all of the happy people?

All I'm seeing mostly are frustrated people in the queue as well as a couple of Tesla haters.
Hey @kpdog ... hope you're doing well 😁 Personally, I'm plenty happy - I've got more than enough things keeping me occupied (and distracted!) until I hear more about my car.

I AM missing our conversations about forklifts and shape milk though (thanks to @Ormaus for that gem)

I haven't been around here too much lately, for the reasons you mentioned.