Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The question of insurance has been asked previously in this thread, but I'm wondering if any folks from Victoria have any recent experience they would like to share with taking out cover here in Vic?

I've looked at Commbank, AAMI and RACV. Obviously the premium depends on options chosen, eg excess and options, but so far I'm finding around A$1.2k to A$1.3k. Mandatory options, I suggest, would be repairer of choice and some sort of windscreen/glass cover.

Thoughts/comments?

(picking the car up on Saturday)
M3 LR Racv complete care cost 1.5k with 1.5k excess, 88k agreed value Se subs. Agreed value, unlimited hire car and glass cover a must for me personally.

Reactions: Redrum
I was just looking at Apple maps of Port Kembla. I have no idea when the shot was taken but jeez that’s a lot of cars/vehicles!
EE4A5C21-05F3-4CC5-89D3-02ACF32CBFD0.jpeg

The question of insurance has been asked previously in this thread, but I'm wondering if any folks from Victoria have any recent experience they would like to share with taking out cover here in Vic?

I've looked at Commbank, AAMI and RACV. Obviously the premium depends on options chosen, eg excess and options, but so far I'm finding around A$1.2k to A$1.3k. Mandatory options, I suggest, would be repairer of choice and some sort of windscreen/glass cover.

Thoughts/comments?

(picking the car up on Saturday)
Went RACV as well, cheapest overall as have house with them as well. Also bumped up excess, my price went down after I added the missus as 2nd driver... not that she's going to drive my baby any time soon! 😁

I was expecting delivery in December and a VIN next month, ordered in mid-March, so had no finance arranged due to the 3 month validity.

Yesterday I received a call from my SA to say they have matched a vehicle, it is in Adelaide and ready to pickup next week - time to make some calls!

PS: I now have a 2018 MS 75D for sale, immediate delivery available; I'll post an ad sometime this weekend with photos etc. Please DM me if you're actually interested.

Went RACV as well, cheapest overall as have house with them as well. Also bumped up excess, my price went down after I added the missus as 2nd driver... not that she's going to drive my baby any time soon! 😁
Thanks @Redrum . I went with RACV in the end as well. Interesting ... when I added my other half my premium dropped as well like you. I wonder what the logic is? ... now the question is ... when to add her cellphone to the car to unlock it ... mmmm :)

• Funny
Reactions: Robdunc and Redrum
Thanks @Redrum . I went with RACV in the end as well. Interesting ... when I added my other half my premium dropped as well like you. I wonder what the logic is? ... now the question is ... when to add her cellphone to the car to unlock it ... mmmm :)
Trap for young players - once your other half has got her/his phone added to the car - they know where you are😟......and there is no unadding once it is done. Take it from someone who has tried.

Just looking at the difference between the M3RWD and the M3LR, I am thinking I should upgrade to the long range if that falls under the limit for the new FBT leasing policy on EVs. According to the comments elsewhere, it does if I only get paint and nothing else added on? Would I be able to upgrade my existing order at any time before a VIN is assigned (my window is March-May of 2023).

Thanks

Trap for young players - once your other half has got her/his phone added to the car - they know where you are😟......and there is no unadding once it is done. Take it from someone who has tried.
I actually have serious concerns about this. What about those in abusive relationships or fleeing domestic violence? Effectively this is like hiding an AirTag in the car. Apple have gone to great lengths to prevent this kind of abuse. What if you give extended family or friends access? Surely they shouldn’t be allowed to track you?

Reactions: *Sparkles*