Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a very similar order date (15 March) and I've been showing 6-9 months until friday when it changed to Dec-Jan. It hasn't changed back as yet but technically 6-9 months for me is earlier (15 Sep to 15 Dec by my calc). I have a holiday booked from 11th of Dec for a couple of weeks. Anyone know what happens if my delivery date turns out to be during the 2 weeks i'm away?
You will need to get someone to take delivery of the car for you or your order will be cancelled.

Reactions: DM221291
That seems a bit extreme. Isn't there an option to delay delivery by a couple of weeks?
You have 7 days from their advised delivery date to take delivery, otherwise it's going to be cancelled and you loose your deposit as well. That's what i have been told by a Tesla Rep at the Dealership. You can have someone take delivery for you but i wouldn't want to do that.
I read somewhere that they won't do it if you have already paid in full, but i wouldn't rely on that.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Orderer26/02, Perth. Updated this morning!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-093209_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20221113-093209_Tesla.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 56
You have 7 days from their advised delivery date to take delivery, otherwise it's going to be cancelled and you loose your deposit as well. That's what i have been told by a Tesla Rep at the Dealership. You can have someone take delivery for you but i wouldn't want to do that.
I read somewhere that they won't do it if you have already paid in full, but i wouldn't rely on that.
Cheers buddy for the explanation. knowing my luck, the 7 day delivery window will end up being squarely with my 2 week holiday.

Cheers buddy for the explanation. knowing my luck, the 7 day delivery window will end up being squarely with my 2 week holiday.
That 7 day allowance comes from you order agreement:
"Delivery. We will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Centre, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within one week of this date."
So they are required to allow you that one week.

That seems a bit extreme. Isn't there an option to delay delivery by a couple of weeks?
I don't know of any place that would hold a product for any longer than a few days. For example, a store might hold a pair shoes for a few days. It makes sense that it would be not at all for a car, especially when there are a lot being delivered and they need to coordinate pick ups.
But it does seem unfair with the delays in deliveries and poor communications.

Long time lurker first time poster. Just got my Tesla Vision prompt this morning!! Ordered 3 April M3 RWD Blue/Black. I was one of those where 6-9 months changes to Dec-Jan a few days back. Now, it shows estimated delivery of 11-25 Dec .

Checked online but no mention of novated lease bill having passed. Is this correct? I suppose I'll just pay it outright in instalments (due bank transfer limits) over the next few days to avoid delays with delivery. Not sure if I can retrospectively do a novated lease.

I drive about 50km a day and have a 6.6kW solar panel system with a good amount of excess output in the daytime. Planning to rely as much as possible on solar to charge my car. Hence, figured getting one the 10amp sockets in my garage changed to 15amp might be the best option to get the extra speed while remaining within the limits of my solar production. What did you guys think?

Checked online but no mention of novated lease bill having passed. Is this correct? I suppose I'll just pay it outright in instalments (due bank transfer limits) over the next few days to avoid delays with delivery. Not sure if I can retrospectively do a novated lease.
Last I checked Senator Pocock and The Greens are doing a review of the legislation.

My employer’s novated lease company (Custom Fleet) aren’t willing draw up a contract for a tax exemption that’s not passed in to law, so I’m out of luck, but others have reported firms that are willing to make it happen. Best to check with yours and find out.

Given VINs are being assigned now to Perth customers, any ideas which vessel they are on? If you’ve received the invoice (which for me came a couple of days after the “vision prompt” message) what’s the build date listed there?

I’d be keen to find out what stage of the shipping these VINs are assigned at. The build date should shed some light on this.

Oh and please feel free to add or update your details to the spreadsheet, if you’re willing to share it all publicly :)

Spreadsheet: Tesla Australia Delivery Tracker.xlsx
Submission form: Microsoft Forms

Long time lurker first time poster. Just got my Tesla Vision prompt this morning!! Ordered 3 April M3 RWD Blue/Black. I was one of those where 6-9 months changes to Dec-Jan a few days back. Now, it shows estimated delivery of 11-25 Dec .

I drive about 50km a day and have a 6.6kW solar panel system with a good amount of excess output in the daytime. Planning to rely as much as possible on solar to charge my car. Hence, figured getting one the 10amp sockets in my garage changed to 15amp might be the best option to get the extra speed while remaining within the limits of my solar production. What did you guys think?
Which city are you in?

You can retrospectively get the novated leasing company to form an agreement. It's sort of like a money loan with more steps, and financially much worse off for you.

Even with an FBT exemption the types of offers I was getting for a novated lease was not worthwhile when I compared with drawing off from my home loan. Normally with petrol cars you package in the petrol and servicing to make it more worthwhile- but you keep those costs low anyway.