Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To add on to this, my EDD had changed to the 15-29th just before I received the actual delivery schedule message today morning. I’m heading overseas a few days before Christmas and I was worried I might not get it in time. Thought I’d put in a word with Tesla and told them my situation, asked if could accept delivery at a later date (I think there are a few others here who are also wondering about the same).

Well, Tesla reached out to me today morning right after I received the delivery message discussing my situation (weirdly enough, the SA didn’t know I received the message until I told him).

Offered to deallocate my current car and allocate another one to be picked up around the time I return. But then again, my config is vanilla. Rare configs might not have this flexibility. Try your luck. They seemed to be flexible given the holiday time.

Hey,
Who/ what number did you call?
I am going away as well mid December to early Jan, so this delivery window is really not right

I got a problem with financing and final invoice in between.
my final invoice is $66332 but I wanted to make it $65000.
but my lender already tried to get $66332 while I deposited $1332.
can I refund from Tesla? or can I get updated final invoice(realisticly it wont happend I guess)
Lender asked new updated final invoice, but I dont think Tesla will give updated one.
So I asked Tesal that I can refund my deposit or not..
what should I do
I was in the exact same situation about two weeks ago. I called Tesla and they reinvoiced my finance company the full amount and when the finance company pays them they will refund me my deposit. I got it in writing on a text message from them.

Reactions: derek1218
Well I'm in shock. Thought my vehicle was on morning crystal or cherry but it's on Glovis Countess which docked yesterday in Melbourne. Still have no invoice starting to panic as pickup will probably be next week based on this info
I wouldn’t worry. My car is on that ship and this morning they just pushed back my delivery window three weeks. So now I may pick it up between the 12th and 31st. So possibly 24 days to get it even though it's already in Melbourne about five k’s from where I live. about five k’s from where I live It's a total piss take. Not to mention it was built in the first week of October so almost 3 months to get it from the factory to me...

Last edited:
Question All

For those who are stumping up their hard earned $$$. Did people wait to get a specfic delivery/pickup date before paying? or did you pay and twiddle your thumbs thinking they have the money now what?
I paid when invoiced, hoping having everything done well in advance will get me the car without delays, we'll apart from the 9 month delay I've already had

1670389933771.png

She's in!

*disclaimer - I have no idea if this boat actually has anything on it. I have come to this conclusion based on the build date and that I cannot find my VIN on molace VIN search website. Please don't quote me for anything, as I often have no idea what I'm talking about. lol

There really isn't a rush with any of the process. Tesla are slow....

Boat docking - it will be at least a week but probably longer before you will even get a delivery date. That delivery date will be at least 5 days away - but could be 14 or more days away.

There is more than enough time to organise multiple bank transfers as well as insurance & everything else. Of course its up to you but holding out on paying until 2-3 days before your delivery day will not effect the speed or timing of your delivery. Tesla just wants cleared fund in the account the day of delivery, so just make sure to pay 48 hours before the day.

I wouldn’t worry. My car is on that ship and this morning they just pushed back my delivery window three weeks. So now I may pick it up between the 12th and 31st. So possibly 24 days to get it even though it's already in Melbourne about five k’s from where I live. about five k’s from where I live It's a total piss take. Not to mention it was built in the first week of October so almost 3 months to get it from the factory to me...
I'm on the same boat... we got really unlucky with this one! It's been horrible watching it!

Reactions: Gokk and SpicySol
She's in!

*disclaimer - I have no idea if this boat actually has anything on it. I have come to this conclusion based on the build date and that I cannot find my VIN on molace VIN search website. Please don't quote me for anything, as I often have no idea what I'm talking about. lol
Completely valid disclaimer @Stokesy - I have absolutely no idea either, just hope and praying it bug free/no quarantine issues and minimal forklifts et al

I believe some of us (@Gokk /@maw1991/@raffdog ) are the lucky one's whose car being build in early Oct, has enjoyed months in Singapore, journey over multiple ships and island, and has still decided to take a ride in Melbourne before being sided with the rightful owner ;)

Mine is the same though it's shown Dec 12-26 from the start. When did it update in the app for you?

Brisbane people -

Accepted tesla Vision a few weeks ago, Dec-Jan EDD.

EDD then changed to TBD.

Zander at Fortitude Valley cannot comment on the TBD EDD (I need to sell my car and TBD makes it incredibly difficult to time to sale) but wrote yesterday to say "he can see a 19/12 - 3/1 window"

I don't know if he is talking outta his butt. Does anyone else in Brisbane with a TBD (After accepting Tesla Vision) have any information they can share?
I haven't had TBD but I do have 19-31 Dec (sounds close to your quoted dates) and it's been that for nearly 2 weeks. I fully expect that to change when it gets closer to 14/12 (date Viking Passama is due in Bris).

Reactions: Minties and ecatt