Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is demand really tapering off in Australia? Are they any closer to clearing the backlog, there are a few cars in inventory and yet people still waiting for cars ordered almost a year ago.

Are we expecting any more big shipments into Port Kembla soon?

I’m hoping that I’ll have a car next month and am tempted to take the only LR that’s in inventory, but would be interested to see when the next batch of cars get dropped into the inventory.

Is demand really tapering off in Australia? Are they any closer to clearing the backlog, there are a few cars in inventory and yet people still waiting for cars ordered almost a year ago.

Are we expecting any more big shipments into Port Kembla soon?

I’m hoping that I’ll have a car next month and am tempted to take the only LR that’s in inventory, but would be interested to see when the next batch of cars get dropped into the inventory.
If you take the LR in inventory you will likely get a delivery date in early February - I did the same and am locked in. Took the uncertainty out of waiting

Reactions: TrickyRickyDoo
Picked up my LR last Thursday after 285 days wait, the people at Mt Gravatt Brisbane were absolutely awesome to deal with, only one issue found 3 days after I picked up the car, found a small scratch in a hard to notice place near the rear window on the inside edge and its already been booked in to be fixed up. One pedal driving wasnt too difficult to get used too, and it took around 40km of driving to calibrate everything.

Hey legends,
Approx how long after filling in the rego form etc would you expect the delivery time message to come through to choose when to pick up?
My delivery date moved from Jan 12 - Feb 02 to Feb 04 - Feb 24. Hoping it doesn't go into the end of March as I'm off to Europe for 3 weeks 😐
Hi AdeInMelbs,
Not sure if you got an answer on this one yet, but they told me the delivery sms link comes out once the cars are on a truck and leave the port. I guess they can't predict how long the unload/customs process may take. I believe there are 3 ships this week, so hopefully movement soon! I'm in the same 'boat' with March, also overseas... but at this point still believing in the Gods of Tesla and that the planets will all align for me :)