Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered start of September and have an EDD Feb-May. I just received an email from ZEV (Victorian EV subsidy) saying that Tesla has applied for my subsidy. Does this mean a vehicle has been allocated to me or do they process these at any time? My EDD has not changed

I ordered start of September and have an EDD Feb-May. I just received an email from ZEV (Victorian EV subsidy) saying that Tesla has applied for my subsidy. Does this mean a vehicle has been allocated to me or do they process these at any time? My EDD has not changed
I think so, I received the same email about half an hour before Tesla sent me the Tax Invoice after I requested it for my novated lease provider. At that stage I also already had a VIN allocated.

I received the same ZEV email a few weeks ago. We have the same EDD (I ordered in Oct)

I don't have a VIN (hidden or otherwise)

Getting a quote for my ICE at Westside Auto in Perth.

They have a August 22 build white/black M3 RWD with 20km on the clock, drive away 69k. Guess you don't get the rebate but good option if you don't want to wait.

Apparently person immediately swapped for a Y on delivery.

So how are they paying the stamp duty for you then?
Same as any car dealer pays that out at sale completion I’d guess. On every car I’ve ever bought in WA, New and second hand, as this Tesla is as it’s been registered, I’ve never paid it out separately, I’ve paid as lump sum to dealer incl all that stuff, and they pay it out. Why is this one different?

Reactions: Testesslim3
I also received the ZEV email this morning. My EDD has remained as Feb - May (OD 29 Oct: RWD Blue/Black)

Hoping this means so movement...

A warning for those going thru SGFleet novated leasing. My company uses them exclusively. I would not use them if I had a choice.

I'm supposed to pick up my car tomorrow but SGFleet has not paid Tesla. It should have been paid last friday but SG Fleet has been very slow. I'm not sure what will happen to my deposit or if my VIN will be re-assigned. I will be calling Tesla later today.

- Sent SG Fleet order agreement on 13/12/22, when my DD was updated to December to start finance application process.
- I was informed that it was approved. SG fleet sends an email on 30/12/22 requesting for copy of the invoice. My office was in holiday shutdown. I only open my email on 09/01/23
- 09/01 I sent the updated invoice(after the price change). My original DD was 20/01/23. Last day for payment should have been 16/01/23
- 19/01 SG Fleet sends me an email saying that the guy in charge of my file was off sick. I had to call tesla to reschedule my DD to 25/01
- 19/01 SG Fleet sends me an email to request to have the "invoice to" party changed to SG fleet. 10 days after I sent it to them
- 20/01 SG Fleet then send me an email (last day for payment for DD of 25/01) to have to the invoice amended again because the amount payable and amount due do not match.
- 20/01 I call Tesla and have it changed at 10AM. The person changing the invoice cannot generate the invoice. That is handled by another group and the person you speak to on the 1800 number cannot do anything to expedite it. The invoice was generated on21/01
- 20/01 I inform SG Fleet that I have not received the updated invoice at 2PM. The consultant send me a screenshot that they have uploaded the invoice in their system. He says it's all good and I don't have to do anything
- 23/01 I email the consultant and ask what the status is. I get an out of office reply.
- 23/01 I reply to their generic purchasing email address and do not get a reply. I call and speak to the team lead and was told that I did not send them the invoice. I send it at 4PM and call to request to be updated once payment is made.
- 24/01. One day before DD, I still don't know the status. No reply or call from SG Fleet. I'll be calling Tesla soon to see if my car has been re-assigned

Things you should do if going thru novated leasing
1. Get the invoice to party changed to the leasing company as soon as possible. Don't wait for them to send a request
2. Make sure your amount due and amount payable are the same. I think this is Tesla's fault. They adjust the amount to be refunded instead of changing the amount payable.
3. AVOID SG FLEET!!!

I also received the ZEV email this morning. My EDD has remained as Feb - May (OD 29 Oct: RWD Blue/Black)

Hoping this means so movement...
In my case the email from Solar Victoria regarding the ZEV subsidy arrived relatively quickly but wasn't related to pending vehicle delivery.
Original order date - 27-Apr-22
First ZEV email - 10-May-22
The subsidy application has a 6 month time limit and I received a second ZEV email from Solar Victoria on 11-Oct-22 that extended my ZEV application until the 21st February 23.

We’re writing to let you know that we are extending your Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV) Subsidy application by 120 days to extend your opportunity to receive a subsidy.
The ZEV Subsidy Program requires that motor car traders deliver vehicles to customers within 6 months of the contract of sale. While the majority of customers are receiving their vehicles within this period, global supply chain issues are delaying some car delivery timelines beyond 6 months.

My current EDD range (Jan-Feb) falls across the expiration of the ZEV.
At this point I do have a VIN and a final invoice but have yet to see a specific delivery date so fingers crossed that delivery is in time.
If that happens I will probably cancel the 3 and opt for a Y but that bridge has yet to be crossed.

In your case it looks like your EDD start falls within the 6 month period so hopefully things are a little quicker than they have been.

My EV subsidy expires 3 Feb (after the additional 120 day extension - I ordered 9 April 2022). My EDD is currently 4 Feb - 25 Feb. I spoke with Tesla and they said they will apply for another extension and gave me the impression that a 2nd extension is not an uncommon thing. I'm still holding on to a dwindling hope that the car will actually come prior to 3 Feb but since that's now next week and Morning Crystal doesn't seem to want to dock at Melbourne (anyone know what's going on with this??) I think I should probably give up on that!

A warning for those going thru SGFleet novated leasing. My company uses them exclusively. I would not use them if I had a choice.

I'm supposed to pick up my car tomorrow but SGFleet has not paid Tesla. It should have been paid last friday but SG Fleet has been very slow. I'm not sure what will happen to my deposit or if my VIN will be re-assigned. I will be calling Tesla later today.

- Sent SG Fleet order agreement on 13/12/22, when my DD was updated to December to start finance application process.
- I was informed that it was approved. SG fleet sends an email on 30/12/22 requesting for copy of the invoice. My office was in holiday shutdown. I only open my email on 09/01/23
- 09/01 I sent the updated invoice(after the price change). My original DD was 20/01/23. Last day for payment should have been 16/01/23
- 19/01 SG Fleet sends me an email saying that the guy in charge of my file was off sick. I had to call tesla to reschedule my DD to 25/01
- 19/01 SG Fleet sends me an email to request to have the "invoice to" party changed to SG fleet. 10 days after I sent it to them
- 20/01 SG Fleet then send me an email (last day for payment for DD of 25/01) to have to the invoice amended again because the amount payable and amount due do not match.
- 20/01 I call Tesla and have it changed at 10AM. The person changing the invoice cannot generate the invoice. That is handled by another group and the person you speak to on the 1800 number cannot do anything to expedite it. The invoice was generated on21/01
- 20/01 I inform SG Fleet that I have not received the updated invoice at 2PM. The consultant send me a screenshot that they have uploaded the invoice in their system. He says it's all good and I don't have to do anything
- 23/01 I email the consultant and ask what the status is. I get an out of office reply.
- 23/01 I reply to their generic purchasing email address and do not get a reply. I call and speak to the team lead and was told that I did not send them the invoice. I send it at 4PM and call to request to be updated once payment is made.
- 24/01. One day before DD, I still don't know the status. No reply or call from SG Fleet. I'll be calling Tesla soon to see if my car has been re-assigned

Things you should do if going thru novated leasing
1. Get the invoice to party changed to the leasing company as soon as possible. Don't wait for them to send a request
2. Make sure your amount due and amount payable are the same. I think this is Tesla's fault. They adjust the amount to be refunded instead of changing the amount payable.
3. AVOID SG FLEET!!!
Thanks for sharing this. Are you from Victoria? My company also uses SGFleet (no other option). According to the invoice I had from Tesla, the Payment Due is $69,344.60 while the Balance Payable is $66,344.60. This will not fly, right? Do you suggest I go back to Tesla to include the $3000 rebate in the Balance Payable before SGFleet complains about it? How do we get the $3000 and our order fees back then?

My current quote from SGFleet was based on financing $66,344.60. I thought they couldn't get it wrong since it was based on the invoice I shared with them.

You are right about the terrible service of SGFleet. At one point, I waited a week to get my quote updated because my sales consultant was out sick. I have written to my company's compensation team to see into including expanding employees' choice of a novated service provider. I hope they will.

By the way, did you get SGFleet to quote you with the FBT exemption law? They refused when I asked, saying they are still waiting for ATO's guidelines.

Thanks for sharing this. Are you from Victoria? My company also uses SGFleet (no other option). According to the invoice I had from Tesla, the Payment Due is $69,344.60 while the Balance Payable is $66,344.60. This will not fly, right? Do you suggest I go back to Tesla to include the $3000 rebate in the Balance Payable before SGFleet complains about it? How do we get the $3000 and our order fees back then?

My current quote from SGFleet was based on financing $66,344.60. I thought they couldn't get it wrong since it was based on the invoice I shared with them.

You are right about the terrible service of SGFleet. At one point, I waited a week to get my quote updated because my sales consultant was out sick. I have written to my company's compensation team to see into including expanding employees' choice of a novated service provider. I hope they will.

By the way, did you get SGFleet to quote you with the FBT exemption law? They refused when I asked, saying they are still waiting for ATO's guidelines.
I am also with SG Fleet - seems I am lucky and got a 'good' contact there as my experience has been really good (though haven't reached the 'pointy' end yet so we shall see). They told me it's very common for the Tesla invoice to be wrong to start with, Mine has been updated 7 times by Tesla, but we're good now :). SG Fleet require the amounts in the payment summary on page 2 to be the same on the left and right (Payment Due & Balance payable). For a Victorian this will show a $3350 refund to customer on the right hand side - the initial order fee and the EV subsidy will be refunded back to us once the sale is finalised as SG Fleet need to pay the full amount.

They are also not being totally honest with you about the FBT exemption - they are providing new quotes to new customers without FBT. They also refused to update mine, said all existing customers would be recalculated in Feb. When I pointed out one of my colleagues has a quote without FBT they said ok and updated mine...