Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model S pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arvo family trip to Hanging Rock.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hah! I was actually wondering about that, hoping that posting here would get a response ;) I was there for RubyConf too! Small world.

You were? I hope you enjoyed it :)

Have we met?

Beautiful car. Beautiful spot. How far is that from where you live?

Live near the CBD, was just under a 200km round trip at 197Wh/km with TACC in use for the vast majority of the trip.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the drive up there like Matt?

Easy. Lots of freeway with 110 zones, which is unusual here in Victoria as far as I can tell.

600m of elevation gain on the way up and 600m drop on the way back. Trip energy predictions in the car were almost spot on, except where I did a little bit of spirited acceleration.

Can't see the light? - "Those horseless carriage things will never catch on, who needs more than 1 horsepower?"
View attachment 76258

Great-Grandfather, Christopher, buried here in 1909, would, undoubtedly, have said the same thing ! One horse in front of his buggy was enough then.
However, I think he would also be delighted to see the Future of Motoring today,
image.jpg
in the guise of his successor's Tesla Model S Sig., with just one moving part for propulsion, and no need to feed it chaff & crushed oats every night !