Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model S pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S at Bradman's birthplace, Cootamundra NSW.

image.jpg

Great-Grandfather, Christopher, buried here in 1909, would, undoubtedly, have said the same thing ! One horse in front of his buggy was enough then.
However, I think he would also be delighted to see the Future of Motoring today, in the guise of his successor's Tesla Model S Sig., with just one moving part for propulsion, and no need to feed it chaff & crushed oats every night !

Awesome!

Great photo and background tale.

At the ends of the Earth, where Aussie red dirt meets the Southern Ocean - near the most South-Westerly point of Australia (Cape Leeuwin)
View attachment 85407

higher resolution photo available here
Is it just me or does anyone else think that black wheels just look like silver wheels with a whole lot of brake dust and dirt all over them? Maybe that is the point that black wheels don't need as much cleaning and don't show their wear and tear. But every time I see them, my immediate thought is that that car needs a wash. Don't mean to be a stick in the mud.

But I still think I will use the Hi-Rez version of this photo as my computer background for the time being...

Don't you just love the Tesla door handles?

Last edited:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that black wheels just look like silver wheels with a whole lot of brake dust and dirt all over them? Maybe that is the point that black wheels don't need as much cleaning and don't show their wear and tear. But every time I see them, my immediate thought is that that car needs a wash. Don't mean to be a stick in the mud.

But I still think I will use the Hi-Rez version of this photo as my computer background for the time being...

It's a personal preference I guess. I prefer the black rims for the reasons you mention. Having said that, the brake dust issue is probably a non-issue with a Tesla due to the braking assistance provided by regen, at least it would be nothing like that of a BMW.

You do still get a bit of brake dust because on occasion, you do still use the brakes especially after accelerating and not realising that the lights have changed or something. I find that in those circumstances the regen does not do the job despite being set to normal and a full green arc showing. I have opticoated my rims and like with the rest of the car it comes off easily.

These wheels are gun metal grey (not black). I have the same wheels and yes they can look dull if left a while without cleaning, but if kept clean they are shiny and look pretty cool. Biggest issue with these wheels is rim grazing as they really show wounds due to being light silver underneath that gun metal grey paint. If you order these wheels I'd recommend either getting rim guards or a touch up paint pen : )

FullSizeRender (3).jpg