Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model S pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can really feel the difference between the P and the standard 85. When you think about the P - it's 20% faster! Lucky the one I have at the moment is also a standard 85 so when I switch over to my car it will be the same.

The best way I've found to demo the true power, even on an 85, is to floor it from 0-60 (oh yeah, not bad, that's cool, some other supercars feel faster etc etc), and then slow down to around 45, and then floor it again to 90-100. It's that second acceleration that's the most mind blowing, even for me, because people aren't used to that kind of acceleration "in gear". Of course I only do this on deserted freeways...

Don't know if I made the right decision or not. Let's face it for day to day driving none of us 'need' the acceleration even an S60 model Tesla can provide. And a P85+ has mind blowing responsiveness and acceleration. But I decided that, having waited as long as I had, another six months or so to have the latest and greatest would be worth it. Now I'm not so sure! :biggrin:

But I agree that when giving demos I like to give it 100%. And the P85+ never fails to amaze.

Don't know if I made the right decision or not. Let's face it for day to day driving none of us 'need' the acceleration even an S60 model Tesla can provide. And a P85+ has mind blowing responsiveness and acceleration. But I decided that, having waited as long as I had, another six months or so to have the latest and greatest would be worth it. Now I'm not so sure! :biggrin:

But I agree that when giving demos I like to give it 100%. And the P85+ never fails to amaze.

You made the right decision. :)

I thought this was a pretty cool photo and really captures the colour of the car nicely.

Ampy Wind Farm.jpg

Every time I floor it in my P85 and enjoy the acceleration (and the passengers reactions) I think of the video of a P85+ getting smashed by the P85D. Crickey that car must be incredible - you'll love it!

I think it depends on your age - I am old enough that I don't want to leave it too long.....

Finally, after 4 and a half years, the baby is here. Pearl white P85+ with the works. Every option ticked!

Drove it back to Canberra yesterday, to the amazement of 10,000 (estimated!) soccer fans driving to the Iran/Iraq match in Canberra. We sat on 105kph with advice from Tesla that we may not make it if we drove too fast and a 600 metre uphill climb to Canberra. So we let everyone overtake us! You have never seen so many twisted necks and slow passes!

We arrived home with 75 kilometres of estimated range to spare. So all Sydney owners, the trip to Canberra is within reach and you can probably sit on 110kph. Until a supercharge is available. you can private message me and I will make my charger available.

It is now parked in the garage next to its cousin Volt. Just fitting up the number plate........TESLA......I bought 5 years ago. I joked at motor registry yesterday that I hoped they had some cleaner we could use to take the mold off it after being in storage for 5 years.

Now to enjoy driving it.
2015-01-23 12.19.36.jpg

After some angst since the strike at Christmas time etc I can absolutely state "we're ecstatic about Tesla" - Elon and his team have delivered the quantum leap they promised. Now to give her a big nudge and see just what it do...:)
Tesla delivery 1.JPG

Regards
Keiron

- - - Updated - - -

Gudday AussieModelS,

I might take you up on that offer later on this year. I have a trade display at the Annual Australian Microbiologists Association in Canberra (August I think), and we have looking at how to handle charging from Melbourne until such time as Super chargers are available. Visit clients up the Hume on a Friday finishing at Albury/Wodonga, then "dribble charge" 10A over night then onto Canberra on Saturday. I do have clients I can visit in Canberra area as a quiet a few on the way back.

regards
Keiron( Melb)

Drove it back to Canberra yesterday, to the amazement of 10,000 (estimated!) soccer fans driving to the Iran/Iraq match in Canberra. We sat on 105kph with advice from Tesla that we may not make it if we drove too fast and a 600 metre uphill climb to Canberra. So we let everyone overtake us! You have never seen so many twisted necks and slow passes!

We arrived home with 75 kilometres of estimated range to spare. So all Sydney owners, the trip to Canberra is within reach and you can probably sit on 110kph. Until a supercharge is available. you can private message me and I will make my charger available.

I'm surprised that you had such little range left. I drove a roadster from the old Tesla service centre near the airport to Canberra and still had nearly 100km left showing. We sat on 105km/h with cruise control. I'd assume that the model S would do better.

I'm surprised that you had such little range left. I drove a roadster from the old Tesla service centre near the airport to Canberra and still had nearly 100km left showing. We sat on 105km/h with cruise control. I'd assume that the model S would do better.

Actually we arrived with 115kms, but after sitting with the aircond on at motor registry for 45mins, and we live 25kms south of the city, we arrived home with 75kms. The extra 865kgs in the Model S over the Roadster probably doesn't help dragging that extra mass up from the coast. I expect downhill to Sydney to be a better result.