Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model S pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hand waxed Sparki on Sunday so decided to take some pics.
2015-02-01 13.58.42.jpg
2015-02-01 13.59.25.jpg
2015-02-01 13.59.51.jpg
2015-02-01 14.01.49.jpg

Devvie had her first bath after being Opticoated Yesterday

I chose to wait a full 3 weeks to let the coating cure. Washing was easy. Used Optimum car wash in a hose spray dispenser and then water blasted with a Gerni. Followed by a Chamois dry. Much of the dirt had previously just washed off in the heavy rain last week. The depth of shine in person is amazing.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Looks great.!! I think Meloccom should consider getting his done.

By the way, a bird had the temerity to bomb Devvie today. some landed on the rear glass and some on the boot lid. My glass has been treated. I washed it off after it had dried. Results:- on the glass, much the same difficulty shifting it as if it had not been treated.
On the opticoated boot lid - it just swished straight off. This is a controlled test since it was the same poop from the same bird!!!

In summary, while treating the glass has not had any detrimental effect, it really has not done much either. No problems with the wipers. In the rain, i did not notice any real benefit either.

Thanks Tim. It was great to work on your car.

Dborn, I don't offer the glass treatment for that reason. The Opti-Glass product works okay but its durability isn't awesome and it's not something I'm really comfortable charging for.

Keep your glass clean and it will take care of itself really.

Dan

My first spot in the wild in Melbourne today - this great blue S85 parked at the Fed Square car park! Lucky owner :)

fkp7m9n.jpg

First time seeing the blue in real life, it's much darker than I expected, pretty nice actually. Not sure about the Hybrid sticker they've got on the plate though!

Last edited:
I saw that one on the weekend at Custom Cars and Coffee, the blue is very dark, almost black in some light which is a shame, I would prefer it slightly lighter.
I wondered why it had the Hybrid sticker, hopefully Matta can tell us why, one of the others at CC&C had a small 'elec' sticker which is more appropriate.

I have yet to see a TMS in the wild as yet but watch out when I do, there'll probably be arms waving, hoon tooting, lights flashing & cameras clicking!

I wondered why it had the Hybrid sticker, hopefully Matta can tell us why, one of the others at CC&C had a small 'elec' sticker which is more appropriate.
because Victoria has a law [1] requiring EVs and hybrids to have a sticker on the number plate except vicroads don't sell EV stickers just hybrid stickers. [2] so i assume they couldn't be bothered to get his own EV one printed so they just put on a hybrid one

[1] http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_reg/rsr2009309/s48b.html

[2] Hybrid vehicle registration discount : VicRoads

My first spot in the wild in Melbourne today - this great blue S85 parked at the Fed Square car park! Lucky owner :)

View attachment 71319

First time seeing the blue in real life, it's much darker than I expected, pretty nice actually. Not sure about the Hybrid sticker they've got on the plate though!

*blush* I was running a conference at Fed Square. I'm glad you got it's good side :)

- - - Updated - - -

because Victoria has a law [1] requiring EVs and hybrids to have a sticker on the number plate except vicroads don't sell EV stickers just hybrid stickers. [2] so i assume they couldn't be bothered to get his own EV one printed so they just put on a hybrid one

[1] http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_reg/rsr2009309/s48b.html

[2] Hybrid vehicle registration discount : VicRoads

I have my custom plates to go on it, will put one of Jeff's EV stickers on that.