Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see Aug to October 2022 orders getting EDD in April! I am excited. Hopefully I will get soon!

My order date is 25th Oct!
Hi Hilgun, and all. Wondering if you, or anyone else may have received an update from Tesla?
Knowing where Tesla are up to in terms of current order backlog is helpful. I am an early December order, Even though Tesla are assuring me that I should get my car within the Feb - May time frame. Working backwards doesn't leave much time for the initial notification as far as VIN assignments etc. Also, expectation now is that we will need to order the mobile connector. Finally I was told by the sales rep that the Australian built cars would still have Ultrasonic sensors. Anyone heard differently?

Hi Hilgun, and all. Wondering if you, or anyone else may have received an update from Tesla?
Knowing where Tesla are up to in terms of current order backlog is helpful. I am an early December order, Even though Tesla are assuring me that I should get my car within the Feb - May time frame. Working backwards doesn't leave much time for the initial notification as far as VIN assignments etc. Also, expectation now is that we will need to order the mobile connector. Finally I was told by the sales rep that the Australian built cars would still have Ultrasonic sensors. Anyone heard differently?
Check out the Australian mode Y waiting room thread.
Most states have final invoice for orders between Aug to Oct. Some owners in Brisbane with orders in Jan and Feb have received their final EDD (check out Tesla owners Australia Facebook pages).
Melbourne orders, they still reckon orders in Dec and Jan will receive their deliveries in May with vin assigned by mid to end of April.

One even mentioned that Tesla is looking into docking in SA and doing road transport (still cheaper than waiting to dock), it’s just a speculation at this point.

Check out the Australian mode Y waiting room thread.
Most states have final invoice for orders between Aug to Oct. Some owners in Brisbane with orders in Jan and Feb have received their final EDD (check out Tesla owners Australia Facebook pages).
Melbourne orders, they still reckon orders in Dec and Jan will receive their deliveries in May with vin assigned by mid to end of April.

One even mentioned that Tesla is looking into docking in SA and doing road transport (still cheaper than waiting to dock), it’s just a speculation at this point.
Grizzlybear,
Thanks For the information re the Facebook group that I was unaware of. (I have requested to join)
I am reading the Model Y Australian waiting room, although from what I read a majority of the folks in there are talking about MYP many receiving there vehicle from June / July orders. I also notice some MYP, were available for almost immediate delivery in NSW.
I am a standard range White Model Y, and was not aware that there have been orders in Dec Jan with EDD already. This gives me hope. Would be interested if folks in NSW had received EDD for Nov / Dec ordered if any are out there.?
Still looking are Feb-May every time I open the Tesla app. (which is at least once or twice per day ;-)

Reactions: grizzlybear
Grizzlybear,
Thanks For the information re the Facebook group that I was unaware of. (I have requested to join)
I am reading the Model Y Australian waiting room, although from what I read a majority of the folks in there are talking about MYP many receiving there vehicle from June / July orders. I also notice some MYP, were available for almost immediate delivery in NSW.
I am a standard range White Model Y, and was not aware that there have been orders in Dec Jan with EDD already. This gives me hope. Would be interested if folks in NSW had received EDD for Nov / Dec ordered if any are out there.?
Still looking are Feb-May every time I open the Tesla app. (which is at least once or twice per day ;-)
Same here. I ordered RWD Model Y Midnight silver with black interior and Gemini wheels on Christmas morning. Same Feb - May gang with no EDD.
But I try to check many sources including TMC and Facebook groups (Tesla model 3 and Y Australia and Tesla owners Australia are very active) to make my own informed decision.
I too spoke to my rep and he too reckons it will be before May. So fingers crossed.

ust saw a post on facebook, somebody ordered white/white/induction wheels 3 weeks ago and they already have a date for end of this month. How is that right considering I ordered 3 months ago 😢
I saw that too, no love for us here

Haha mate we gotta have a coffee or something when we receive our cars lol

Organise a white/white/induction meetup?

Reactions: Elite Display
Yesterday I noticed for the first time that Tesla had model Y inventory listed for Victoria (a blue and a white MY performance). Not sure when exactly they added those. Being an increasingly impatient September member of the Feb-May gang I went ahead and put in an order for the blue MY in the inventory.

Anyone considering cutting their wait time short: The white one is still up for grabs..

Yesterday I noticed for the first time that Tesla had model Y inventory listed for Victoria (a blue and a white MY performance). Not sure when exactly they added those. Being an increasingly impatient September member of the Feb-May gang I went ahead and put in an order for the blue MY in the inventory.

Anyone considering cutting their wait time short: The white one is still up for grabs..
Plenty of inventory of Performance models across the country. Unfortunately I'm doing mine under a novated lease for the massive tax savings but the limit is $84k

Hi Mr. Cookie. Sadly I haven't received any update yet. Waiting with bated breath as early October orders have received a revised EDD (with a narrower window).

My EDD is still Feb-May 2023 (ordered on 25th October). Looks like my turn will come with the next batch of shipments. I am expecting it towards the end of May.

Hi Mr. Cookie. Sadly I haven't received any update yet. Waiting with bated breath as early October orders have received a revised EDD (with a narrower window).

My EDD is still Feb-May 2023 (ordered on 25th October). Looks like my turn will come with the next batch of shipments. I am expecting it towards the end of May.
I ordered 6th of Oct, Midnight Silver RWD in Tas. No updated EDD, still Feb-May, and no hidden VIN as yet.

Hello All, I'm new to the forum. I've just ordered my MY RWD white with all standard inclusions a few days ago and the website still showing estimated delivery of April-June 2023. What is my chances of getting a car before end of June?
I see a lot of you have been waiting for months and even ordered last year and still waiting. Is the website showing misleading/unrealistic estimated delivery time frame?