Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting-Memes-52918.jpg

This is some of us.
I don't know about you guys but I open the Tesla app to check the EDD multiple times a day.

East coast Armacup ships Don Juan, Morning Cherry, Viking Passama, and Paganella are all due to hit the east coast in April so hopefully there should be plenty of VIN allocations.
Do you know how many vehicles are in transit, waiting to unload, waiting to be cleaned and released from the port and potentially on the way in the next two weeks (two ships are on the way to Shanghai to pick up the next lot)?
There’s still quite a lot of orders from Aug to Jan that has the Feb to May EDD and now I doubt if they will be able to meet the demand/deadline.

Do you know how many vehicles are in transit, waiting to unload, waiting to be cleaned and released from the port and potentially on the way in the next two weeks (two ships are on the way to Shanghai to pick up the next lot)?
There’s still quite a lot of orders from Aug to Jan that has the Feb to May EDD and now I doubt if they will be able to meet the demand/deadline.
Unfortunately there's no way to know that information for sure. But based on the latest WuWa Youtube videos, there's plenty of RHD cars waitng to be shipped, which possibly means Giga Shanghai started the export run early.

It'd be good to know how many orders were placed in December and January. There must not be that many if there you ordered today and the EDD is still April-Jun 23.
Maybe Tesla are confident that they can get it all done, it's just the delays in the PK port and Melbourne ports that are killing them.
There may have been a spike in orders in Jan after the price drop. I ordered 2 days before the price drop so shouldn't affect me too much.

Having waited for 3 months now, I hope I get my car towards the end of May or in June. A miracle or the cherry on top would be either another price cut and/or release of LR Y in Australia. If that happens, I will change my order to LR in a heartbeat as long as I can get it by June.

Reactions: grizzlybear
There may have been a spike in orders in Jan after the price drop. I ordered 2 days before the price drop so shouldn't affect me too much.

Having waited for 3 months now, I hope I get my car towards the end of May or in June. A miracle or the cherry on top would be either another price cut and/or release of LR Y in Australia. If that happens, I will change my order to LR in a heartbeat as long as I can get it by June.
Even if they launch the LR now, I doubt it will be available for delivery in May.
Jan order seems likely to be delivered in May or June.