Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was movement in the camp!
Over the weekend I got sick of waiting for my MYP, that I ordered June 10. So I changed my order to RWD. Immediately my delivery date changed to Aug-Nov 2022. Today I got the SMS that a car has been allocated to me, and I should get it in the next two weeks. I'm very happy. Saving 35K, and I've test driven the RWD a few times and the power is adequate. When the LR opens in Australia I'll see how much it will be to trade/upgrade to the car I really wanted in the first place.
Damn that’s pretty lucky. Also interested to hear the colour and wheels options being also from Perth. I’ve already changed configuration once but too scared to do it again and lose my spot

Damn that’s pretty lucky. Also interested to hear the colour and wheels options being also from Perth. I’ve already changed configuration once but too scared to do it again and lose my spot
That is lucky indeed! We've ordered November 2nd and I can't help but check the app every day 😂 I wonder which monthly orders have already been fulfilled for the RWD variant.

I mean, have people who ordered in August received theirs? What about September etc.

For reference we got a silver with white interior and standard wheels.

Cheers guys

That is lucky indeed! We've ordered November 2nd and I can't help but check the app every day 😂 I wonder which monthly orders have already been fulfilled for the RWD variant.

I mean, have people who ordered in August received theirs? What about September etc.

For reference we got a silver with white interior and standard wheels.

Cheers guys
Haha I’m the same, ordered I think the same day and I don’t check the app everyday but I check all social media to get the vibe of what’s been delivered. Originally ordered silver with inductions but changed a couple days later to just the 19s.

I’ve read that they seem to do them in batches every quarter so I’d assume ours would be built start of next quarter unless we get lucky enough to get a cancellation? Still a few shops due in before years end so here’s hoping haha. Got a Kia ev6 on order since April so be interested to see which gets here first as well

This might be a stupid question, but how do you go about contacting after an order? I need to add that I now have personalised plates. Do people just call the sales number? Or is there an email? I can't see any contact details via my account like it says.

This might be a stupid question, but how do you go about contacting after an order? I need to add that I now have personalised plates. Do people just call the sales number? Or is there an email? I can't see any contact details via my account like it says.
From what I've been hearing lately Tesla have stopped arranging custom registration and are handing over with regular plates then you have to do it yourself after the fact

Placed an order for a Silver RWD Y black interior on 16/11 with ETA of Feb to May, moved to booked status in the source code 21/11. But i'm gathering that no one really knows what booked means. Hoping that my delivery arrives at the front end of that timeline as my existing car is just hanging on. The Tesla salesperson I dealt with said to expect it at the front end of the timeline and that there deliveries over the past month or so where ahead osf schedule due to production ramp up.

I'm planning on installing a home charger, but was curious how many people also purchase the mobile charger as a backup.

From what I've been hearing lately Tesla have stopped arranging custom registration and are handing over with regular plates then you have to do it yourself after the fact
Yep they switched my order automatically from custom plates to standard plates (not even the premium standard plates) as it’s cheaper to register with the standard plates knowing I’ll be changing it anyway.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
I'm planning on installing a home charger, but was curious how many people also purchase the mobile charger as a backup.
Anyone who ordered before 9th July will get the mobile charger (a.k.a. UMC) included for no additional cost. That means there probably haven't been many (if any) deliveries without it yet.

I think it is a good backup option. I plan to keep mine in the car for emergencies. I also think it will be useful for overnight top-ups if I'm staying somewhere without a dedicated EV charger. It's nice to be able to charge at any standard power point - even if it is slow.

Placed an order for a Silver RWD Y black interior on 16/11 with ETA of Feb to May, moved to booked status in the source code 21/11. But i'm gathering that no one really knows what booked means. Hoping that my delivery arrives at the front end of that timeline as my existing car is just hanging on. The Tesla salesperson I dealt with said to expect it at the front end of the timeline and that there deliveries over the past month or so where ahead osf schedule due to production ramp up.

Same order and timeframe as me. Hoping I get the USS but that’s anyone’s guess atm. Would also like the cargo cover but don’t mind missing out especially if that means I get USS haha. I’ll be purchasing a UMC as my primary source for charging unless for some reason if my maths is wrong

There was movement in the camp!
Over the weekend I got sick of waiting for my MYP, that I ordered June 10. So I changed my order to RWD. Immediately my delivery date changed to Aug-Nov 2022. Today I got the SMS that a car has been allocated to me, and I should get it in the next two weeks. I'm very happy. Saving 35K, and I've test driven the RWD a few times and the power is adequate. When the LR opens in Australia I'll see how much it will be to trade/upgrade to the car I really wanted in the first place.

I'm a little jealous. I want to keep waiting for my MYP but I want to be driving around a Tesla nowwwwww.
I suspect there might be some cancelled orders on the ships that have just arrived and hopefully you'll pick up one of those. My friend that ordered her MY RWD after me with a Feb-March'23 EDD is picking hers up in Perth today. She got reallocated about 6 weeks ago so thankfully had enough time to sort anything out like finance etc.