Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on installing a home charger, but was curious how many people also purchase the mobile charger as a backup.
I have a wall charger at home and a UMC, and my experience over several years is that the UMC is used for charging when staying with family when on a trip, and that's about it. So if you do that a bit, probably worth getting, if not, then not.

I have a wall charger at home and a UMC, and my experience over several years is that the UMC is used for charging when staying with family when on a trip, and that's about it. So if you do that a bit, probably worth getting, if not, then not.

Agreed...we are so lazy we have a wall charger on one side of the garage for the X and another on the otherside for the 3....agreed the UMC only comes out when away from home...chargers are so close to the cars that we don't need to unravel the cords...I back in and the wide driver in front first....works a treat.

Well that was quick! Wednesday I got notified I need to select a delivery time, and I had options of Mon 28 or Tues 29. So I'm picking my RWD on Tuesday next week! I accepted the trade in value this morning, I'm currently waiting for the final invoice.

Fantastic!
I'm torn if I should be 'sensible' and change too as then I could do it as a company car etc.
Couple of questions
1. does it count as a new order - will you still get the UMC?
2. does it change to today's price of the RWD or does it give you the historical price of when you ordered (ie you get the price before the price hike)

Couple of questions
1. does it count as a new order - will you still get the UMC?
2. does it change to today's price of the RWD or does it give you the historical price of when you ordered (ie you get the price before the price hike)
I believe the original order date stands, that's why I got it so fast. It gave me the historical price. I'm assuming I will get the UMC, I will let you know.

• Love
Reactions: alliwantisaY