Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered by 10:30am yesterday, and have done the after purchase tasks already. But can't see the ETA anywhere, where is everyone seeing this ?

This is what I have on my account.

Me too. I can't see it either.

I'm just using the date range that was given on the ordering page when I ordered it. So some people had August for RWD and then it changed to Nov-Feb for RWD and it's been Nov-Feb for Performance since it opened.

For my M3 order, it took a few weeks before I was given a date range. I ordered at 11:30 and still not date in the app. It usually looks like this…

(I intend on canceling the M3 order after I test drive the MY)

Attachments

• C2CC0CDC-7FEA-4588-9F12-4295CF761C8A.jpeg
    C2CC0CDC-7FEA-4588-9F12-4295CF761C8A.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 188
  • 4A8F3235-CADB-4EE0-B81A-C36558DBDA90.jpeg
    4A8F3235-CADB-4EE0-B81A-C36558DBDA90.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 98
Can anyone confirm if the Model Y Performance will have the rear spoiler? On the Tesla order screen when you toggle between RWD and Performance (see photos) you can see the rear of the car change indicating the spoiler however on the app (after order) it doesn't show it, plus I think I read somewhere that they were no longer included?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-173444~2.png
    Screenshot_20220612-173444~2.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20220612-173503~2.png
    Screenshot_20220612-173503~2.png
    484.6 KB · Views: 89
Can anyone confirm if the Model Y Performance will have the rear spoiler? On the Tesla order screen when you toggle between RWD and Performance (see photos) you can see the rear of the car change indicating the spoiler however on the app (after order) it doesn't show it, plus I think I read somewhere that they were no longer included?
There are multiple views on that order page. You just hover over the pic and left and right arrows appear on the edge of the pic. If you move to the rear view you will see the spoiler quite clearly.

There are multiple views on that order page. You just hover over the pic and left and right arrows appear on the edge of the pic. If you move to the rear view you will see the spoiler quite clearly.
The order page does show it yes, but once its actually ordered the image of the car through the Tesla App does not have it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-200321.png
    Screenshot_20220612-200321.png
    565.1 KB · Views: 76
Finally got to order the MYP White with Black interior, OD 10.06.22.

Still in two minds whether to sell the Überturbine wheels and or not. Will see if the suspension has been tuned for Australian roads as has been suggested. Otherwise feeling like going to 19’s with higher wall profile.

Reactions: Peterbeans
The order page does show it yes, but once its actually ordered the image of the car through the Tesla App does not have it.
The spoiler still shows up in the Model Y images and on my order page, to me, it appears that it is present in the picture, though I could be wrong.

Attachments

• B6F25A6A-F744-45CF-97DB-C7D360B312C3.jpeg
    B6F25A6A-F744-45CF-97DB-C7D360B312C3.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 090A1BF4-72B9-445E-8F9A-42F4C8AFC425.jpeg
    090A1BF4-72B9-445E-8F9A-42F4C8AFC425.jpeg
    858.7 KB · Views: 85
Will see if the suspension has been tuned for Australian roads as has been suggested.
Whoever suggested that unfortunately is giving you false info/hope. There is a suggestion that the Giga Berlin model Y had some different suspension to the Shanghai built but this was from a 'seat of the pants' drive opinion of Byjorn Nyland in Norway so hardly a confirmed change in any sense.

Does anyone know if your spot on the queue changes if you edit design your car? I tried once and i can see my RN hasnt changed.
I rang my SA at the Brisbane office this morning and asked the same question. He said it's a bit of a lottery and wouldn't risk changing the order as it's possible that I'd be bumped from Aug-Nov to early 2023.

I ordered at 10:32am on the morning of orders opening (MSM/White Interior), rushed it through on a RWD with the stock Gemini wheels. I popped into the Tesla store on the weekend and didn't like the look of the Gemini wheels. Kicking myself for not ordering the Induction wheels. Don't want change my order and risk getting bumped down the queue. Now i'm hinking of powdercoating the rims once the car arrives. Does anyone in the Brisbane area have any recommendations of good rim powdercoating companies?

I ordered at 10:32am on the morning of orders opening (MSM/White Interior), rushed it through on a RWD with the stock Gemini wheels. I popped into the Tesla store on the weekend and didn't like the look of the Gemini wheels. Kicking myself for not ordering the Induction wheels. Don't want change my order and risk getting bumped down the queue. Now i'm hinking of powdercoating the rims once the car arrives. Does anyone in the Brisbane area have any recommendations of good rim powdercoating companies?
I rang my SA at the Brisbane office this morning and asked the same question. He said it's a bit of a lottery and wouldn't risk changing the order as it's possible that I'd be bumped from Aug-Nov to early 2023.

Cheers. Yeah thats the gist i got after talking to a SA as well today. 19 inch wheels may look not as good but better for the range, so you made the right decision in my opinion.

Reactions: Blaq