Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boss picked up his Black MY Performance this morning here in Brisbane. The ride quality is much better than I expected, I drove his Model X to go pick it up and the Model Y performance is much smoother and more compliant. Oh and the speed is insane. Might need a Chiro.
I feel the same. The acceleration is so insane even mine is just MY. An vehicle of 2 tons kg, I know MYP can go a lot faster, but this is definitely good enough to me. I'm thrilled to have it.

Reactions: krylonos
Just received the dreaded EDD update . The last one ended in 31 March now is 30 MArch to 20 April, 3 weeks again, one step forward three wks back. From the look of Autocare Services Devonport I am wondering if the size of the influx with Australia suddenly being a strong export focus by Tesla, has over-whelmed the local delivery system. The cars look nearly delivery ready, no plastic trim external covers (not sure Tesla uses them actually), there are yellow windscreen labels still present.

So close yet so far. The EDD changes are super frustrating when you have to wait for a date to expire before you get a new one. I would have hoped that you Tassies had a shortened window by now but maybe you don't get those having a third party delivery?
Fingers crossed your EDD update was simply done by a bot and it's actually quite close.
PS You'll still beat the Perth kids. Perth, WA that is, not Perth, Tasmania

Reactions: Way Downunder
Afternoon all

What's the latest on shipping schedules here? I tried to find the info someone had pulled together a while back to forecast what was due into the country in March / April but I can't find it for the life of me.

MY RWD Gold Coast with an EDD 1-22 May. Eagerly seeking ship :)

M

Today was the big day, and I'm pleased to say that it was everything I thought it would be.

Screenshot_20230328_191805_Photos.jpg

My thoughts:
  • Suspension: don't know what everybody was complaining about. It's way comfier than my CX-5. If this is comfort suspension they they are bang on.
  • Acceleration: holy fork balls! This is supposed to be the slow one. Accelerated into the motorway and started laughing my head off. So unexpectedly fast. 30-100 so quickly.
  • Interior and trim: immaculate, could not find anything wrong with it. I even followed the Tesla Prep app. Very happy with the end result.
  • One pedal driving is really nice but I have a tendency to try and glide by lifting my foot and trigger regen. Still adjusting but enjoying it.
  • The indicator on the opposite side and screen for speedometer were non issues for me.
  • This car climbs hills like they are not even there.
More later maybe. But, for now, I'm going to go and enjoy our new car.

Today was the big day, and I'm pleased to say that it was everything I thought it would be.

View attachment 922105
My thoughts:
  • Suspension: don't know what everybody was complaining about. It's way comfier than my CX-5. If this is comfort suspension they they are bang on.
  • Acceleration: holy fork balls! This is supposed to be the slow one. Accelerated into the motorway and started laughing my head off. So unexpectedly fast. 30-100 so quickly.
  • Interior and trim: immaculate, could not find anything wrong with it. I even followed the Tesla Prep app. Very happy with the end result.
  • One pedal driving is really nice but I have a tendency to try and glide by lifting my foot and trigger regen. Still adjusting but enjoying it.
  • The indicator on the opposite side and screen for speedometer were non issues for me.
Accelaration…. Haha , thanks for the tip on the delivery app.

Reactions: 1001
Afternoon all

What's the latest on shipping schedules here? I tried to find the info someone had pulled together a while back to forecast what was due into the country in March / April but I can't find it for the life of me.

MY RWD Gold Coast with an EDD 1-22 May. Eagerly seeking ship :)

M

What city are you in and what's your build date? Might be able to give some guesstimates based on that.

Leather/plastic smell. It is so bad.

View attachment 922105
My thoughts:
Big Congrats Krylonos!!

View attachment 922105
My thoughts:
Regarding my recent experience, it does take me a while to get used to everything:
  • automatically switching beam headlight - it is quite accurate but I still unlike to flash other people
  • cruise control, on/off, inc./dec speedometer
  • safety settings such as locks, windows closed when locked
  • Tessie could be a different Tesla app with more data but required a subscription
  • wipers are cute
  • Handbrake while pressing the Parking button
  • audio/sound adjustment - it is amazing that you could find some presets from other people to maximise the sound quality
  • Tire pressures are 46 when pick up, I will try to lower it to the standard 42 psi to see if it would go much softer.
  • charging it at home is v-e-r-y slow(However, I don't drive long distances very often so I don't really need near $2000 for the wall charger), overnight charging is good but I try to charge it while solar panels are working under the sun.
  • Keeping cameras on all the time to see the rear sides especially when parking or turning around on some narrow roads such as entry of indoor parking like Westfield.
  • Lots of drivers on the road would look at me driving this currently rare giant monster.

The Armacup Schedule has been updated:

Maybe I'm dumb/optimistic or both but am becoming increasingly confident that people with Feb-May EDD are going to get their orders on time.
It sounds like the massive backlog of orders in June, July, August and September is being cleared with the exception here and there.

Here's a summary of ships for the East Coast:

- Don Juan on the way to Brisbane.
- Morning Cherry due to be loaded up again next week in Shanghai.
- Viking Passama unloading as I type and then heading back to Shanghai to be loaded up on 04/04 before heading to Brisbane mid-April
- Paganella in Port Kembla, will eventually dump its load and then head back to Shanghai on 09/04
- Morning Crystal heading to Brisbane via Auckland and then going back to Shanghai for more cars on 17/04
- Turandot waiting to dock in Port Kembla

Looks like most of the vessels are going to give up on going to Melbourne, resorting to transferring to other ships in the future.
Quick update of my previous post:
- Don Juan and Morning Crystal are waiting in the waters outside Port of Brisbane, waiting for their number to be called.
- Turandot is just outside Port Phillip Bay. I wouldn't hold my breath, Grande Mirafiori is STILL waiting and it left Port Kembla 7 days ago.
- Morning Cherry left Shanghai 5 days ago and is due to arrive in Brisbane in 5 days (2nd of April)
- Viking Passama is still on track to arrive in Shanghai on the 4th of April.
- Paganella left Port Kembla on the 24th of March, due to arrive back in Shanghai on the the 7th of April for more cars.

Let me know if there is a point in me doing this summary otherwise I can stop.

- Don Juan and Morning Crystal are waiting in the waters outside Port of Brisbane, waiting for their number to be called.
- Turandot is just outside Port Phillip Bay. I wouldn't hold my breath, Grande Mirafiori is STILL waiting and it left Port Kembla 7 days ago.
- Morning Cherry left Shanghai 5 days ago and is due to arrive in Brisbane in 5 days (2nd of April)
- Paganella left Port Kembla on the 24th of March, due to arrive back in Shanghai on the the 7th of April for more cars.

I bet they are all not meeting their SLA's.

I think this is helpful. It was your posts I was trying to find but clearly I didn't do very well on this!

I'm waiting for a delivery at Southport which will come out of Brisbane. EDD 1 May - 22 May. I'm thinking based on this, possibly Morning Cherry for May deliveries into Brisbane. Tesla had said the May delivery date included some padding for port delays so this is my gut feel for anyone in Bris.