Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Wu Wa, the Shanghai factory was closed for China’s National day 30/9 and 1/10.. hopefully now they will swing back into full export Q4 production and give us some MYPs

I was thinking it was a little quiet and hadn't heard any new vins.
Fingers crossed for MYP line to start!
In an ideal world they will produce MYP and stick Perth orders on Morning Cherry (leaves 5/10) and arrives Perth via Tujela transhipment 9/11 otherwise for Perth it could be Don Juan (leaves 24/10) and arrives Perth via Tijuca transhipment 8/12.
I'd be delighted if I have my MYP for my birthday in December :)

Last edited:
So whilst those of us with an MYP on order continue to wait (…) I was curious if anyone had any insight or thoughts on why the MYP is scheduled as it is, after lots of RWD production? We can guess why the LR is not coming until after MYP deliveries, but I would have thought getting MYPs out there and in the hands of the YT reviewers etc would be a priority, or at least can’t think of a reason to delay on purpose.

Are there changes in the works? Component shortages? Wouldn’t havn’t thought the production line would have much issue changing between MY & MYP assembly.

So whilst those of us with an MYP on order continue to wait (…) I was curious if anyone had any insight or thoughts on why the MYP is scheduled as it is, after lots of RWD production? We can guess why the LR is not coming until after MYP deliveries, but I would have thought getting MYPs out there and in the hands of the YT reviewers etc would be a priority, or at least can’t think of a reason to delay on purpose.

Are there changes in the works? Component shortages? Wouldn’t havn’t thought the production line would have much issue changing between MY & MYP assembly.
I think the Performance Models have been after RWD in most markets. UK is probably the only RHD market that has Performance at the moment. I could be wrong.

I think Performance models only account for around 15% of the Y market. So it makes sense to cater to the other 85% first and get a lot more people in cars before changing the production lines over to Performance which does have the different battery system.
I was happy with the wait when I ordered but I have serious envy of all the Y RWD people driving around in their cars. I won't consider my Performance late unless it arrives after February. Until then I will obsess over it and stalk it but it's what I agreed to, so can't complain.

Reactions: Maximillan