Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Performance models only account for around 15% of the Y market. So it makes sense to cater to the other 85% first and get a lot more people in cars before changing the production lines over to Performance which does have the different battery system.
I was happy with the wait when I ordered but I have serious envy of all the Y RWD people driving around in their cars. I won't consider my Performance late unless it arrives after February. Until then I will obsess over it and stalk it but it's what I agreed to, so can't complain.

Same. Was prepared for the wait but it's getting harder the more Ys I see driving around. Am sure it'll be worth it.

Guess there is more to slotting them in to the production line than just dropping in another motor and a different pack.

Presumably though X% waiting for the LR...

Ship deneb leader departed shanghai headed for Singapore today hopefully it stops in Australia after singapore

Deneb Leader? That's not a normal ship for Oz. Most of our ships are usually Armacup
Don Juan, Paglia, Turandot and Morning Cherry are on their way to Oz and probably have some Teslas on them
Next to pick up from Shanghai is Morning Crystal (5/10), Viking Passama (11/10) and Don Juan (24/10) are ships scheduled to come to Oz that might have Teslas on them
It will be interesting if they throw in some extra ships like they did in August.

Reactions: 1001
Does anyone know if the current backlog of Model Y (RWD) deliveries has been completed?

Speculating here, if the the first shipment of Model Y Performance is onboard any of the ships heading to Australia, I suspect the RWD delivery backlog will take priority over the Model Y Performance deliveries and allocations.

Either that or we will start to see a lot of happy and luck Model Y Performance people in the next week, considering initial delivers were expected to start in November.

Does anyone know if the current backlog of Model Y (RWD) deliveries has been completed?
I don't know what you mean by "backlog" but there are still orders made on launch day (10th of June) that haven't been built, let alone delivered yet.

I don't know what you mean by "backlog" but there are still orders made on launch day (10th of June) that haven't been built, let alone delivered yet.

backlog = Initial Model Y deliveries to Australia

I think it is a bit weird we don't even have a MYP on display in AU or available for a test drive, apparently the ones that arrived earlier in the year for the press were sold. Japan got them with their RWD and have them in the display room at least.

Speculating here, if the the first shipment of Model Y Performance is onboard any of the ships heading to Australia, I suspect the RWD delivery backlog will take priority over the Model Y Performance deliveries and allocations.

Either that or we will start to see a lot of happy and luck Model Y Performance people in the next week, considering initial delivers were expected to start in November.
Nowhere near it as they only just started day 2 orders.

Reactions: Mattflow
backlog = Initial Model Y deliveries to Australia

Do you mean are there any cars that have been delivered to Aus that still going through delivery appointments? I think some people were still picking up last week so that type of backlog would still be quite small.
Next batch of arrivals to Port Kembla is 3 possible ships 12-13/10 and these should contain some Y RWD and create another glut of deliveries and transport to other states until the end of October/early November

Ordered
'on the day". My RWD EDD window was as of last week 13-30 Oct in Vic. So the ship must be coming in the next few days.

Turandot is due to Melbourne on 17/10 so that might be the one to watch for you. Then unloading + plus blah blah + faffing around by dealership + finally getting an SMS with appointments a week away. So don't stress too much and work on the assumption you are likely to be driving your car by mid November and anything earlier is bonus.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ottmeister